If you could ask bukowski one question..... (1 Viewer)

I would leave him alone. Anything you need to know is in his writing. He did write about things that bugged him, so what could I possibly have to ask him. If I had a drink with him I would be wise to sit there listen, drink and let him talk if he wanted to talk.

With all due respect to Roni and Gerard who are kind people with a high tolerance for bullshit, I would ask him if I - as someone without the aforementioned tolerance - should shut down the forum when it becomes overrun with clueless halfwits who do nothing but post idiotic hypothetical questions.

I wonder what he would advise me to do?

You're in luck mjp. I just saw him in a vision and he says keep the forum going. He loves seeing the clueless halfwits getting plowed under by the sharp plows of the Bukowski dot net elite.

I love the music I hear during those visions.

I meant no disrespect to anyone who participates on this site. Or any disrespect to Bukowski. I think perhaps maybe a few of you take yourselves a bit too seriously. This is just an internet forum. I don't think that this site was created so that people could call others halfwits. I think the verbal abuse that gets tossed around on this forum would be the reason why the forum should get shut down. We are all just fans and readers of Buk. Let us not attack one another for our own opinions. I do not see anything idiotic or half-witted about asking questions. I posted this topic because I was genuinely interested in knowing what you all would ask Bukowski if you were given the chance. I think that if anyone of you were to meet Bukowski and have the chance to ask him a question and chose not to, that would be a waste. A waste of a good opportunity to find out something that you were curious about. A chance to get personal with Bukowski.

Please explain to me Ponder how this is not just an internet forum.

Some times a book is more than a book. A film is more than a film. A song is more than a song. And a forum is more than a forum. Has to do with how one passionately connects with that one thing. <sorry, Ponder, for stepping in here>. Welcome here, obd, just please ease off the questions. I believe you're sincere in your interest in Buk but relax the Epistemology (my Bachelor's degree is finally paying off).

I don't think that this site was created so that people could call others halfwits.
I happen to know the guys who run the company that started this site, and they are Somali pirates, so don't be so sure that they did not intend it to be a safe haven for misunderstood geniuses with low tolerance levels.

I don't think there is a literal Somali translation for "halfwit," or if there is it probably makes reference to the tail of a tiger or monkey, but I can assure you that these boys drink the blood of the weak and innocent and laugh about it over their morning bangers and mash.

If you think I'm kidding, just wait until they show up.

I meant no disrespect to anyone who participates on this site. Or any disrespect to Bukowski. I think perhaps maybe a few of you take yourselves a bit too seriously. ......snip.... . I think that if anyone of you were to meet Bukowski and have the chance to ask him a question and chose not to, that would be a waste. A waste of a good opportunity to find out something that you were curious about. A chance to get personal with Bukowski.

Dear Octo Bird of ....You are, in fact taking this too seriously. You have started a very good thread, yes. I'm sorry if my very honest opinion put a damper on the direction you hoped it would go but think about it. Watch the videos about the guy and remember what he writes and what that all means. He says he doesn't like people even though he did use to let people come over and drink with him.
Also you aren't the only one overly excited about Bukowski many of us are and I'm getting use to it. As for the name calling and mean spirit around here (at times) well watch Bukowski during live poetry readings and read his letters or his biographies. He could be kind of a prick sometimes. In fact there is a member of this very forum who was spit on by Bukowski for no reason. (one of the nicer members here who was very kind to me when I came in here all overly excited and was irritating everyone else in here.)
Bukowski loves this place. We are his people, including you.

I would like to ask him who he liked better, David Letterman or Jay Leno.;)

What's up Hank?

Ya' got a point about people gettin' snippy for no reason, October. It's a good question you ask. I can't think of anything I'd want to ask him off-hand but it's still a good question.

What's up Hank?

I like that. Small talk, try not to annoy him, hope things get interesting. Bring beer. That's what I'd do.

Why do people get all butt-hurt when mjp does what he does? Don't they read through some threads before they start one? Sometimes mjp snapping at half-wits is the only thing that makes a thread worth reading.

signed,

Another half-wit.

With all due respect to Roni and Gerard who are kind people with a high tolerance for bullshit, I would ask him if I - as someone without the aforementioned tolerance - should shut down the forum when it becomes overrun with clueless halfwits who do nothing but post idiotic hypothetical questions.

He'd mock you. He'd mock you for every time you pulled your cock out and spit on the "lesser" beings you feel SOOOOOO far superior to. He'd keep mocking you.

Then he'd buy you a drink.

If you want to shut the site down, shut it down. Stop crying about "idiotic hypothetical questions" ... it's all part of the equation. You call this a forum, right?

General discussion, right?

I would ask him what he thinks about the Somali pirates who started this site and if he could recommend a good school to learn the training to become one.

...cats are more beautiful in the more feminine-esque sense of beauty, but I think dogs are better more beautiful creatures as a whole. Cat's have this false sense of maturity - a slight arrogance. (Although they can't control this when you bust out a piece of string) I never fully trust a cat. Sure, a cat or two is a nice to have around the house, but a dog is a true friend. Loyal, loving and more fun. They, in my opinion are completely pure animals...more intelligent...more willing. With cats one false move, one false stroke they'll scratch you or hiss at you. I trust dogs, such innocent things. (providing they are well looked after)

He'd mock you for every time you pulled your cock out and spit on the "lesser" beings you feel SOOOOOO far superior to. If you want to shut the site down, shut it down. Stop crying about "idiotic hypothetical questions" ... it's all part of the equation. You call this a forum, right?
Oh, come on, man!

Aren't you the inspired wordsmith who said, "We're just plants, passing by. Feeding off of one another - growing with each other. Growth is our purpose. Adapting and changing and learning from our past mistakes and making new mistakes and moving from them."

Your beautiful words are so profound, yet you insult me here, as if this is some cut-rate mini mall ghetto where you can slum with pigmantoo, chuckling at the curious habits of the homeless and grooming each others fur with your sandpapery, vicious tongues!

How dare you. After everything I've done for you! I am devastated.

Last edited:
should shut down the forum when it becomes overrun with clueless halfwits who do nothing but post idiotic hypothetical questions.

He would say: No advice - You asked for it.

How dare you. After everything I've done for you! I am devastated.
You see, the thing is ... I've never claimed my words are beautiful, my thoughts profound. I dont wax on and on about "what I've done" ... but, eh, it's your world here. You built a great website.*

So if you feel the need to belittle all the kids that come to the dance that you don't know, fair enough, brother. I mean, it is your site.

I love this little thing you created. Lots of great information to obtain, to devour and to subject the inferior minds we possess, to you sir. I apologize for my words, sir.

You are right, sir. I'm sorry.
So sorry, sir.

Forgive me?

(* I mean that.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back