Is this signature from Charles Bukowski real?

Untitled-1.png

Here is another signature to compare it with, another one that looks FAKE:

Untitled-1.jpg

I think both of these are FAKE signatures. Compare the down stroke in Charles, and compare the Upper Case B in Bukowski..Both look faked.

skiroomalum

Never been to Waffle House, never been to me...
Over 1000 posts
I would disagree and say both are authentic. They are consistent with signatures from later in Bukowski's life.

mjp

So much been said and so little been done
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Not FAKE. The news -- now that's FAKE, everyone knows that. But these signatures are genuine. We know the person selling the book, and he can be trusted.

We don't really talk about why a signature may or may not be FAKE, because that just gives the grifters and ne'er-do-wells who FAKE these things tips on how to do a better FAKE job.

On a side note, it's kind of astounding how many signed Bukowski books, magazines and manuscripts are available on eBay. 140 different things at the moment, which seems like a lot, but maybe it's always that way.

Yes indeed. Not only must he have become a bit tired of signing books and/or book pages, but the advancement of age made his signature change considerably. These are both good, with 8 Story Window likely being late '80s-early '90s and Days likely being '92-'93 (I'm assuming he signed little, if anything in '94).

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Over 5000 posts
Yeah, that seller is one that does NOT deal in anything questionable. Solid seller and one hat I would never hesitate buying from.

Also, as others have said, the signatures are 100% right.

Bill