• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

It Catches and Confessions bargains on German eBay (1 Viewer)

whoever it was that sold these screwed themselves out of hundreds of dollars by onlu listing it in Germany..... I never saw these... It says that they will ship worldwide, but this never showed up in the US....

Bill

what the hell? This means each one went for less than $200.00? Or are my internet based calculations way off?

wow, what else is there left to say. except that, even after being a eBay member for 12 years or so, I didn't even know there were foriegn eBay sites.

As if I don't spend enough time as it is every day searching the internet for Buk paraphernalia, it looks as if I may be spending some more in the future. Addiction is a bitch

They were discoverable via the US ebay site, if your search criteria are set widely enough.

It was tough watching them end in real time and not having the guts (ie funds) to click that place bid button... :(

solo - guts? The seller was sodomized!! The Euro is in the crapper - thanks to the Greeks? What have they done since the Hot Gates? I guess this all is too much to take - site being down for over a week and some fuck buyer getting these for murder. I need a drink and hot-buttered lobster. Then a good puke on my favorite flower.

I was THIS close to get it!
When it first appeared, I gave a very low high-bid at only 212.- EUR - then I totally forgot about the auction, figuring, if I wasn't the high-bidder anymore, they would send me an email and tell me. So I could easily bid higher then.

What happened?
The fucking seller simply cancelled that auctions and put them online shortly after that again. Of course, I wasn't informed, that the auction had been cancelled. Nor that it had been relisted.
Screw!

The fucking seller simply cancelled that auctions and put them online shortly after that again. Of course, I wasn't informed, that the auction had been cancelled. Nor that it had been relisted.
If you use the "watch" feature you will be notified that an item has been relisted. I don't think they send an email, but in your "my eBay" list it will say that it's been relisted and even give you a link to the new auction.

$150 for those two books was a steal. I guess it wasn't anyone here or they would have been gloating by now.

Jeez. It Catches for peanuts (or the equivalent in Euros). Sigh...

So can someone tell me how to expand my eBay searches to include foreign countries?
After you do an eBay search, look in the sidebar on the left, under "Preferences", in the "Location" section -- check the "Worldwide" box, then rerun the search.

For future reference :-

Charles Bukowski Signed It Catches My Heart In Its Hand - Item: 280499011171
Ended: May 02, 2010 11:14:32 PDT​
Winning bid: EUR 121.00 Approximately US $147.87​

Charles Bukowski Confessions Of A Man Insane Beasts - Item: 280499012163
Ended: May 02, 2010 11:10:52 PDT​
Winning bid: EUR 123.00 Approximately US $150.32​

The winner of both was from Denmark.

bargain_books.jpg

I wish, Stavrogin, I wish! Alas, no such luck. I am curious though as to who bought them, but I don't know any Buk nuts here except myself, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back