JEOPARDY, Vol. 6, March 1970 (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
This mag doesn't seem to have been logged in the database. Two of the poems were collected in Mockingbird Wish Me Luck. The last grouping of 5 short poems noted as an "exceprt" aren't familiar to me. Does anyone know what might have happened to "Short Non-Moon Shots to Nowhere”?

JEOPARDY, Vol. 6, edited by Carl Waluconis
Bellingham: Jeopardy, March 1970
“The White Poets” -- collected in Mockingbird Wish Me Luck
“The Black Poets” -- collected in Mockingbird Wish Me Luck
“Excerpts from Short Non-Moon Shots to Nowhere” -- uncollected

mags_jeopardy06.jpg

mags_jeopardy06b.jpg

mags_jeopardy06c.jpg

mags_jeopardy06d.jpg

'seven', 'nine' and 'sixteen' were collected in Mockingbird with different titles.
I believe I have also seen 'eighteen' before, but maybe I'm just thinking of a similar story from Notes...
don't remember 'fourteen'. what's the unreadable word supposed to be? a crazy guess would have to be 'Jesus'...

What was "SHORT NON-MOON SHOTS TO NOWHERE"?

I've never read about this one. Seems like a couple of poems or parts of poems that later got collected under different titles? Like Millionaires.

Shit, I must dust down the VHS player and my memory. I thought it was the first poem of the reading. Somebody help me!

Thank Youtube. The film starts without the introduction of the poem's title, one line in. Maybe that's why it isn't listed?

[This video is unavailable.]

Last edited:
The film starts without the introduction of the poem's title, one line in. Maybe that's why it isn't listed?
Yeah, it's so short I always thought it was a smaller part of a longer poem. But that's most of it, so maybe it should be included in the contents list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back