• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Sold Large Charles Bukowski photographic print (photo by Sam Cherry) - 19" x 13" (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Large Charles Bukowski photographic print (photo by Sam Cherry) - 19" x 13"

This is pretty cool, and an unusual opportunity to pick up a large Bukowski photographic print. I didn't plan on selling it, but I have two large Bukowski prints and a finite amount of wall space.

Buk0.jpg

Limited edition Charles Bukowski photographic print (photo by Sam Cherry) - 19" x 13" - from Sore Dove Press (printed by Sally Larsen).

This is a silver gelatin print. The paper size is more common to digital prints, but Neeli Cherkovski (the photographer's son) says, "They are not digital. They were made from the negatives of Sam Cherry." I'm taking Neeli's word for that, as I'm not an expert on telling the difference. Take that into consideration when bidding. Though it's a great print regardless of the method.

There was an exhibition of Sam Cherry photos at Track 16 gallery in Santa Monica in 2009, and individual prints like this one were priced at $800. This particular print was part of a very small edition made before the gallery show and sold online (with Linda King's signature, as you can see, which is kind of strange to have on this photo, but easily covered by a framing mat).

Paper size is 19" x 13", actual print size is 12" x 11". NOTE THAT THERE ARE SLIGHT BUMPS TO THE UPPER SIDES. I've included images to show what I'm talking about. The print was delivered to me this way, but if you mat it and frame it, the bumps shouldn't be a problem. Just wanted to be clear about the condition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back