Long time reader: is being a buk fan a stereotype??

Discussion in 'New blood: introduce yourself' started by Bodybuilder, May 18, 2017.

1. Hey all,

Life long avid reader. Favorite authors Ellis, Buk, j Harrison, McCarthy... etc.

I found this post on a feminist slanted meme page (gotta stay self aware) and was taken aback.

Do buk fans or fans of generally masuline lit get a bad rap?

Is this why i'm lonely??! Ahahahahaha

Thanks guys
    BB

Untitled-1.jpg

2. The guy holding up the fish for you looks pretty masculine, maybe you should ask him.

9494.jpg

Bukfan and PhillyDave like this.
  3. d gray

d gray tried to do his best but could not First 9 Redwood Original Unholy Ones

i say ask the fish. unless it's one of those feminist slanting ones...

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    PhillyDave and mjp like this.
  4. Red snapper is illegal to catch but none of yall would know because.. well.. it's obvious.

I tried.

5. Well, you're smart. Whenever something illegal is happening, make the brown guy hold it. That's just common sense.

6. d gray

d gray tried to do his best but could not First 9 Redwood Original Unholy Ones

well that explains everything!.

from Wiki -

"the red snapper is considered one of the most feminist slanting of the Lutjanus variety of deep sea fish."

you know what they're named after, right?

jeez, where's this guy from?

PhillyDave likes this.
  7. Put that back!

8. Pogue Mahone

Pogue Mahone Officials say drugs may have played a part Redwood Original

While we all have Bukowski in common, I'd certainly say the regulars around here have all kinds of different personalities and histories. And that's a good thing.

9. I'm not a feminist. I don't get offended by Buk. I get offended by feminists that are offended by Buk who have never read his work.

97.5% of the internet then (majority of that is Tumblr crazies).