Ponder

"So fuck Doubleday Doran"
RIP
It's hard to choose a song.

My first thought was to pick a song
from the album Reactor (Shots)
but after all I went back to the earlier
Neil Young. I first listened to this song when I was
15, I heard some Arabian or Eastern influences.
It was a beautiful experience.

There are a few good songs in his latest "album", Le Noise. I thought it was a brave move to put out a record with (mostly electric) guitars and voice only when he could have released a bunch of country-ish, laid back tunes which would have fared much better in terms of sales.

I don't have a favorite song, but in "Love and Only Love" (any live version, not the studio one) he rocks like a motherfucker on a mission from God, or something like that.

I thought it was a brave move to put out a record with (mostly electric) guitars and voice only...
Neil Young is punk rock and he'll always do what he wants to do. I don't think the question of whether anyone else will embrace what he puts out ever occurs to him. As it shouldn't. There it is, take it or leave it. FTW!

here's an interview with him and daniel lanois about the new album.

unfortunately that cloying knucklehead jian ghomeshi was involved.

Neil Young is punk rock and he'll always do what he wants to do. I don't think the question of whether anyone else will embrace what he puts out ever occurs to him. As it shouldn't. There it is, take it or leave it. FTW!

Yup. But I guess that's easy to do when you're younger. I mean, he put out Tonight's The Night in 1975, a bleak record by any standards, although Reprise did not allow him to use the in-between songs drunk banter. He was not even 30 back then, and it's somewhat easy to do ballsy things at that age. But at 65 it's a whole new ballgame. It's just great that the punk rock spirit is very much alive and there are no signs of his mellowing out anytime soon...

I might've posted this before but if you scroll all the way down to Nov. 8, 2008 there is almost a two hour tribute to Neil Young's for his birthday two years ago.

So start here and go to the bottom.

It starts in Winnipeg so hopefully the representative from Minnesota can hold his tongue, or his keyboard. :rolleyes:

Ah, Winnipig, I remember it fondly. So many frosty nights beneath the covers with Randy Bachman's sister, Mandy. She was the finest gal in all of Winnipig, and for a fleeting moment, she was mine. But I had to move on. I wrote a song about her, Don't Think Twice, It's All Right, but when I was crossing back over into Minnesota, some fucker in Hibbing hit me over the head with a snow shovel and stole it. I wonder what ever became of that prick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back