New member (1 Viewer)

What can I say? I am truly honoured. It was a long haul but I finally got here in the end. Its cold and windy here in Dublin today but I'm still going to take my two year old to the beach for his weekly driving lesson. Will talk to all you Hank fans later.

You're taking your two year old for a driving lesson?

Why'd you wait so long? We teach 'em to drive when they're six months old over here. ;)

mjp said:
Why'd you wait so long? We teach 'em to drive when they're six months old over here. ;)
Well, Christ, someone has to drive us home from the pub...

David Dunne said:
but I'm still going to take my two year old to the beach for his weekly driving lesson..
Pray-tell,...
We're talking about golf!, right?

(Though the primer for a designated driver bit does sound like a very good idea.....)

Truth of the matter is the boy is just plain slow. I think he listens to George Jones a little bit too much for his own good. He always seems distracted. I actively discourage him from learning how to read for the obvious reasons.

Are you there Zoom Man? Are you there? This chat room thing its like communicating with the Other Side. Are you there Zoom Man? Make a sound. Let us know. Woooooooo.

Zoom Man is here, David
Zoom Man is here......
(It is certainly better than the alternative).
The vision is strong right now,
Look hard.
I'll fade, sometimes twinkle to a little light,
But sit very still and "Ohmmmmm",
You're drapes will flutter.
I'm not ready to leave just yet :>

(Ok, yes, I'm scaring myself. Think I'm almost down to a manageable # of brain cells)

The Long Good Friday

I lost you Zoom Man, I lost you buddy, but not to worry ,I can always try again later. Its Good Friday here today - thats the day the son of God got himself nailed to the cross, many years ago, high up on the hill of Calvary, by apparently annoying some guys from Rome about the shops being open on a Sunday, when everyone (according to Mr Know It All anyway) should be taking it easy and chilling out. So guess what?... today, five thousand years later, ALL the pubs are closed, ALL the off-licences (liquor stores) are closed, anywhere drink can be bought , bartered or stolen - CLOSED. And its only FRIDAY! The clock ticks slowly on towards midnight when by law, we can go crazy for half and hour in a shopping FRENZY! Must fly, the boy is honking.

So guess what?... today, five thousand years later, ALL the pubs are closed, ALL the off-licences (liquor stores) are closed, anywhere drink can be bought , bartered or stolen - CLOSED. And its only FRIDAY! The clock ticks slowly on towards midnight when by law, we can go crazy for half and hour in a shopping FRENZY!
I will pray for you David:D

To everyone. I was asking mjp about a documenary called Diary of a Dirty Old Man made by Panaroma for BBC TV and screened about 12 years ago. I have been unable to locate it since. Even the BBC archive dept. told me no. It was my first introduction to Hank and made a big impression. Its a fly-on-the-wall affair made around the time he was involved with Linda. The head features big, fights between them and general conversation. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I never heard about the one you mentioned before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't done. but the contents seem quite similar to the BBC doc I'm talking about and which is usually sold on eBay together with other docs on Bukowski -beware, all of the are very bad quality rips! you can also grab it in the most popular p2p networks.

The head features big, fights between them and general conversation. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Sounds like the same material from the Charles Bukowski Tapes that features in The Ordinary Madness Of Charles Bukowski, which was first broadcast on BBC 2 as part of a series called Bookmark. About 1994/95. I still have the tape on which I recorded it at the time... but no VCR to play it on :(

One day, I'll sort one out and get it backed up to DVD.

Many thanks to Cirerita and Hank Solo for your help. When I found this site I knew it would pay off. Based on your information I'm confident I am at last on the right track....... and now for that bet on the 4.15 at Epsom. "I roared like a madman........"

buk bbc doco

I'm sure I saw that documentary you are talkin bout on demonoid.com for download a while back.I'll check again next time I remember

Users who are viewing this thread

Back