New Photos of Gypsy Lou Webb (1 Viewer)

It's interesting and fortunate that you decided to write the book. I'm not sure the story would have been told otherwise. You could safely say that if Bukowski's biographers hadn't come along, someone else would have eventually written the books and made the films. But I'm not sure that's the case with the Webbs, so my hat's off to you for doing the job.

Great pics! Good to see that she's still going strong! Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
1994107734_fc28ad468a.jpg

Some really nice photos of a magnificent woman.
Great job, Jeff. You surely are to be congratulated.

I can't say it any better than mjp.

Hey Bill:

No, Ed was in Colorado for the premier of The Outsiders of New Orleans: Loujon Press at the Denver Film Festival. I hear the movie was very well recieved.

All best,
Jeff

It's interesting and fortunate that you decided to write the book. I'm not sure the story would have been told otherwise. You could safely say that if Bukowski's biographers hadn't come along, someone else would have eventually written the books and made the films. But I'm not sure that's the case with the Webbs, so my hat's off to you for doing the job.
I appreciate that, MJP. I feel very lucky to have had the chance to write this book. Meeting Lou has been one of the highlights of my life.

Thank you, Father Luke!

Whish one is Gypsy Lou Webb? Surely not the balding individual wearing glasses and holding a magazine cover with a photo of Gypsy Lou taken 40 years ago?

I was with Louise Webb yesterday for a reception in her honor and a book signing at the public library where she lives.

Gypsy Lou Webb lives in a public library? Buk wrote that the Webbs were always looking for handouts, but...

I was with Louise Webb yesterday for a reception in her honor and a book signing at the public library where she lives.
Gypsy Lou Webb lives in a public library? Buk wrote that the Webbs were always looking for handouts, but...

Ouch. You'd think I could construct a clearer sentence than that clunker. This is the public library for the town in which she lives. Man, I'm blushing over that one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back