Notebooks? (1 Viewer)

First dibs on the short list of people you will be
selling the finished book to...
sign0077.gif

It's a collaborative project and I'm just one of three authors, playing a relatively minor role. The information I'm looking for in those rare books is background stuff and may not even make it into a footnote. But I had to save them from oblivion.

Back on topic -- great photo of Hank and Ah-node. They look ready to pound the crap out of one another if anyone flinches.

I have a copy, and I think I got it off Amazon, but that was many years ago...and I think ..., unless I'm mistaken... (i)t may turn up soon. ;)

agreed. there's a pretty dire recording of b reading "quiet clean girls in gingham dresses" and, i think, "for jane." any idea what reading they are from? i'm assuming they were from a public reading...:p

have just had a quick look through his 60s letters.

so, HERE it is off-top.

on keeping CARBONS:

letter to Jon Webb / Dec 19, 1962:
"... And the other stuff, the older stuff has disappeared and I don't keep records and/or carbons so it's pretty much lost."

letter to J.W.Corrington / Dec 24, 1962: (only ONE week later!)
"... On the poems about Jane, I kept copies ..."

letter to John Martin / May 29, 1968:
"... yes would like to do another book with you - the new poems - will keep carbons of all the shit I write from now on. plus, there is plenty of back work."

on keeping NOTEBOOKS:

letter to Jim Roman / Jan 11, 1965:
"If I'd saved all my notebooks I wouldn't be able to move around this kitchen - or read them either."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back