• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

paul bowles books published by black sparrow (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
is anyone (jason???) looking to unload some BSP editions of Paul Bowles's books? i'm also interested in people he's translated.

i already have a hardcover first of midnight mass, although i'd be interested in a #'d for the right price, and i have a #'d copy of yesterday and tomorrow by larbi layachi... but that's about it.

thanks!

The only one I have is a regular ol' paperback copy of Let It Come Down.

I got halfway through, lost it for a few months, forgot about it, and found it again recently. I'm still interested in finishing it. I think.

Hi jordan,

I have just about all of the Bowles limited editions BSP ever did including the translations.

Things Gone and Things Still Here - 1977
174 of 250 cps sgnd by author
Next To Nothing - 1981
298 of 300 cps sgnd by author
Midnight Mass - 1981
345 of 350 cps sgnd by author
Let It Come Down - 1980
319 of 350 cps sgnd by author
Collected Stories - 1979
750 cloth trade copies
Collected Stories - 1979
240 of 300 cps sgnd by author
The Spider's House - 1982
297 of 350 cps sgnd by author
The Boy Who Set the Fire - 1973
Translation of Mohammed Mrabet
18 of 250 cps sgnd by both authors
The Beach Cafe & The Voice - 1980
Translation of Mohammed Mrabet from the Moghrebi
15 of 200 cps sgnd by both authors
The Big Mirror - 1977
Translation of Mohammed Mrabet from the Moghrebi
118 of 200 cps sgnd by both authors
Five Eyes - 1979
Stories edited and translated by Paul Bowles of Abdslam Boulaich, Mohamed Choukri, Larbi Layachi, Mohammed Mrabet and Ahmed Yacoubi
9 of 200 cps sgnd by the authors

plus...

Yesterday and Tomorrow - 1985
106 of 200 cps sgnd by author Larbi Layachi

Now herein is the rub, I wish to sell these books as one lot and not breakup the set. Also, I have no idea what the lot is worth. I suspect that if abe highest prices for each book are used for a total and then that total is discounted by 20% it may be close to a fair market value. That is my best guess. If you are interested in the lot, what do you think?

Kindest regards,

Bill

P.S. Without any reservations, all of these books are in Very Fine condition as I have highly prized my BSP collection of books for many years. I have well over 400 BSP titles in my collection. All of them were sent to me directly from BSP by John Martin and kept in ideal conditions in my home. I am the original owner of all these books. The time of parting and sharing them with others who will care for them has arrived.

Now doesn't that just bring a tear to your eye? :-)

Whatever Jordan offers you, I'll pay $.01 more!

No. Not really....

Bill

p.s. Bill, Are you selling your books? I know that you were inventorying them. I have a couple Buk books that I need (Well, want pretty badly)....

Hi Bill,

Yes, to selling some by the lot. I do not wish to get into the time, effort and energy hassle of shipping individual books to people so will only sell some of them in groups. However, none of my plus 100 Buk or Fante titles are for sale unless someone will take them off my hands for about $30,000. I am not being avaricious as I have decided that any and all funds I get from my book collection will be used to pay off my sons law school student loans. I made him a deal a few years back that I would pay off his undergraduate student loans and that would free him up for his law school expenses. Now I have decided to take care of it all for him, but he will not know it until his loans are retired and he asks, "What the hell happened to my law school student loans?" I'll just smile with the satisfaction that I could do that for him.

Now doesn't that bring even more tears to your eyes? :-)

Bill, let me know what you want and I'll try to pull together a lot for you to consider. But the Buk and Fante titles are for sale only as a single lot. I'm to freakin' lazy to bother with selling individual titles to people and all that goes with it.

Warmest,

Bill

p.s. Bill, Are you selling your books? I know that you were inventorying them. I have a couple Buk books that I need (Well, want pretty badly)....

Last I remember, he wanted to move the Buk books in a lot.

I suspect that if abe highest prices for each book are used for a total and then that total is discounted by 20% it may be close to a fair market value. That is my best guess.

All of them were sent to me directly from BSP by John Martin and kept in ideal conditions in my home. I am the original owner of all these books. The time of parting and sharing them with others who will care for them has arrived.

Now doesn't that just bring a tear to your eye? :-)

Yes, a glad tear. Very nice that you've preserved some of Black Sparrow history for other's enjoyment and you get to benefit as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back