Picture of you (yeah you!) in 1987 (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Here's a pic from 1987...

roni-micha-Paris_1987_DieZw.jpg
Oh my, who is that little boy? ;) Maybe we should all post pictures from 1987. Baby pictures. Heh.

Wait, they really would be baby pictures for some of you...never mind.

Maybe we should all post pictures from 1987. Baby pictures. Heh.
you asked for it. I'm not going to tell you which one is me. or why I seem to be playing some kind of homosexual drinking game.

stephenhines2.jpg

EDIT. ok, I fixed it to show I'm not the dude with the headband. it was ruining my street cred. ;)

1987.jpg

A little raggedy, yes, but in my defense I was hanging around with Mickey Rourke and Joaquin Phoenix at the time, and those two dudes, like, never bathe.

The few photos I have from 1987 have yet to be converted to digital. But if enough people post compelling reasons/outrageous threats here, then I will comply.

But if enough people post compelling reasons/outrageous threats here, then I will comply.

well, I heard you used to be a chick and had a sex change in 1988. true?

if I only had some photographic evidence to disprove this wild accusation.....

;)

Nice pictures, nice guys ;)

These years were my childhood ones. Here is one of my favourite photos from that time. It dates back to 1989, I was five years and looked angelic. But I was actually a naughty little girl who drove her mummy crazy :

childq.jpg

Childhood or the good old days. No worries about the future, no worries with men, my only concerns were playing/fighting with my brother and cuddling my baby sister. Yes roni, I once again feel nostalgic.

Hey, this only works if the pictures are from 1987! Roni established the year, blame him. ;)

Sticking to the year makes you pick something you might not otherwise feel like showing. I certainly would have posted something a little less...odd...if I could have chosen any year.

Play hard. Play fair. Warts and all.

... 1987! Roni established the year ...

well, since I seem to be the source of this thread:

Everything AROUND 1987 shall be all right!

We're doing some 'Fuzzy Logic' in this thread and will be patient if you losen the borders. Maybe you have better pics from 1984, when BB was observing you or 1986, when Chernobyl exploded or 1990 when Mikhail Gorbachev won the Nobel-Price or 1994 when the world's greatest poet died.

Given the variety of ages around here, I think that's fair.

Go on babies! Post !!!

roni, on this picture, is the other guy a friend or a relative (brother/etc)?
My best friend since I was 12. Have done most of these tours with him. He saved my life. literally.

My best friend since I was 12. Have done most of these tours with him. He saved my life. literally.
You look like brothers, you must be very close.

Are they all your siblings, Gerard K H Love ? If so, I'm admirative of such a numerous family :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the middle with a necklace which may have been a scapula but I can't remember that was 45 years ago. I have always hated that picture. Putting it out there is quite therapeutic. You can tell I was still in shock over the Kennedy assassination and we were celebrating Christmas 3 days early( another shock).
The little smiling boy is now covered in tattoos and bald as are all of my brothers. That is one big happy family in North Dakota. Proof that the rhythm method for birth control makes big families.

You look like a nice kid, Gerard, and it does look like a happy family! It must be great having a big family, at least that's what I've always imagined, having no siblings myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
3311942596_5d8ce99d88_o.jpg

l-r: older brother, me, brother's cousin (i think this was around the time my little sister was born, so it would be 1987)

love that photo of carol. the funny thing is that though the pic is 20yrs old, you see people sporting that 'do all over san francisco.

love that photo of carol. the funny thing is that though the pic is 20yrs old, you see people sporting that 'do all over san francisco.
Ha - she was hesitant to post it. She said, "Look at my hair!"

What goes around...

We're still waiting to see Jordan. And everyone else!

I've always hated being photographed and most photos of me in which I was aware of being photographed catch me looking pissed-off at whoever was holding the camera, even as a kid. I don't have any photos of myself from '87 that I know of so I hope this recent photo will do.

i couldn't find the one i was looking for from 1987, so here's one from around 1985. note those fresh sky jordans...
James if you still had those Jordans in mint condition they'd probably sell for as much as all the rare Bukowski books I'm always trying to afford!

Having gone through my stuff, I'm pretty sure that no photo of me from 1987 exists. This one is from early '89:

1989004.jpg

Still playing with stuffed animals. Only this time it's with a 75 lb (34 kg for you Euro-types) German Shepherd.

All right, I'll get in the game ... one of me from mid-1985. Note the authentic slope-walled third-story artist's garret, complete with peeling plaster and patches. Also note the geekiness of the 31-year-old Calhoun and the old ugly typewriter.

HC_1985a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back