• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Playing It Out (1 Viewer)

the box on the lower right corner on ABE says signed.

but the seller isn't really drawing attention to it.

The one on abe actually does say it's signed (in the lower right corner), but it isn't in the main item description so I wouldn't necessarily trust it.

Edit: yeah, what hooch said.

Ah, okay. It's Sunday... my brain is taking the day off.

motherfucker never does much work even when it does show up.

that reminds me of the time i bought a copy of ham on rye off abe, because the description said "signed"... then the seller revealed afterward that it was signed by a previous owner, not by the author.

The thing about abe is that almost no bookseller includes a photo (the occasional stock photo is the exception); and even then, that wouldn't be sufficient for signed copies, variants, etc. Abe prices for photos in listings must be high.

But seriously; "signed" by a previous owner? What a joke.

that reminds me of the time i bought a copy of ham on rye off abe, because the description said "signed"... then the seller revealed afterward that it was signed by a previous owner, not by the author.

Signed is signed -- what do you want? Bukowski's signature? He's dead!

ABE will often serve up a copy some kid has scribbled in with crayons as "inscribed." And there's no full text searching of the book descriptions. ABE's database could use a major upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back