quote - "if you're losing your soul ..." (1 Viewer)

Had a question today from a girl asking for the following quote:

"If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose."

It seems to appear at many places over the web, but always without naming the source. And though it sounds genuine to me, I can't connect it.

Anyone knows this?

I think it sounds a bit like the little bonmots, he used to sign books. (like the famous "These words I write keep me from total madness.")

I think it might be from the short story " A dollar and twenty cents", from "Tales of Ordinary Madness". I could be wrong, but I seem to remember something along those lines in that story. It's been a while since I read the book.

roni, love your avatar. It's what Henry drew on my copy of "Septugenarian Stew" along with his autograph.

thanks LeonSpinks,

this drawing (or 'doodle' as it is called) is sometimes referred to as the 'little man drawing' and Bukowski used it quite often in correspondence or when signing.

The one I am using is the one he drew for Benno Kaesmayr of MaroVerlag and goes along with a famous quote. Here it is in full:

home.jpg

ps:
Your nick reminds me of this scene (well, I'm sure this was intended):

pps:
not to be a smartass, but the book-title is 'Ham ON Rye'.

Please post a scan of the drawing, Leon. Thanks.
My books are in storage in California at the moment. I will be there next month. I'll scan and post when I'm out there.

this drawing (or 'doodle' as it is called) is sometimes referred to as the 'little man drawing' and Bukowski used it quite often in correspondence or when signing.

home.jpg
Did I write something else? and? makes no sense. Ha,sorry.

I just thought, you thought the particular drawing that I use would be the one from your book, not knowing that there are many of these.

It's not that I thought mine was unique, just that your avatar reminded me of it. Also, thanks, I brain farted the Ham on Rye reference. My bad. ;)

ps. while re-reading my posts to figure out where your pps came from, I discovered that I unwittingly referred to CB as "Henry" in a post on this thread. What else would you expect from Leon Spinks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back