Seattle Bound (road block ahead) (1 Viewer)

HenryChinaski

Founding member
Yes guys, this is very much true.
I seem to have hit a road block. Not financially able.

Amtrak is a rapist.
What's a guy to do? Sell more books? Get a job?

OR HAVE A BAKE SALE?!

Travle isnt cheap. Fuck man.
Any ideas? Help a brother out guys.

I NEED IDEAS FOR FUND RAISING!!!!
You guys are the best at this. Give me some ideas or suggestions.
I'm running low on resources.

close to Dulles and Regan. I guess I could try that route. any idea how much it'd run me?
taking a trip like this is so complicated and I've never travled. i'm green behind the ears.

thanks for the reply bill.

I'm about an hour and a half from leesburg. I can make it to Dulles in about 2 hours. thats not too bad. I used to stay in Bealton VA a lot. Its like 25 miles from Fredricksburg, VA.

the trip through southwest will run you about $250 each way. i'm not sure what your budget is but that seems about as cheap as it's gonna get these days. if, for example, you drove, the cost of gas for the car would probably be more than that. not to mention take a couple days longer...

I've been looking into different modes of travel for a trip that I have to make. train vs. bus vs. car vs. plane. all in all flying seems to be the cheapest taking into consideration time and moneys spent on food, gas, lodging ect. . nothing is "cheap" anymore....

well, when i decided to move to the US from new zealand almost exactly a year ago, i worked two jobs and managed to be just barely financially buoyant enough to make it here 9 months later. that's really all there is to it: you gotta work, work, work. there are no easy ways to make money.

HC,

Southwest Airlines will fly you from BWI to Las Vegas for $69. Check out airfares from there to destinations in the Pacific Northwest to see if you can swing an affordable price.

It's worth a try.

Bill

365 is pretty reasonable. I think I may go that route. Depending on the cost, I'll decide how long I'm going to stay. Only a couple of days I'm sure. thanks for the help guys.

well, when i decided to move to the US from new zealand almost exactly a year ago, i worked two jobs and managed to be just barely financially buoyant enough to make it here 9 months later. that's really all there is to it: you gotta work, work, work. there are no easy ways to make money.
+1 for hard work.

Though something tells me it won't be the popular choice.

it never is.

but when you want something badly enough, you'll do whatever it takes, and it's bearable because you know there's an end in sight.

okay guys, So I'm off to Seattle to stay @ Bruce Bickfords place. I still need to raise more funds for this. I have a few more things to offer. As it looks now, I'm paying for a one way trip and after that, will have no place to stay once Bruce asks me to leave.

I NEED FUNDS AND HAVE SOME THINGS UP FOR GRABS...

A near fine copy of Erections...
A FINE copy of The Day It Snowed In LA...
Notes of a Dirty Old Man, 2nd printing FINE CONDITION (black and white cover, like erections)
1st ed, Against the american dream
SOUTH OF NO NORTH, BLACK SPARROW HARDCOVER. PERFECT CONDITION.
Bukowski/Purdy letters, good condition, paget press.

and a few more.
please help me guys. I need some fundraising sources.

ANY IDEAS!!!!!

there aint no shame in my game, which is why i came here like this.

sincerely,
-ryan

Airtran serves SEA from IAD or DCA through ATL. $119 (web special) plus fees/taxes should be about $150 total one-way, as long as you fly on Tuesday Oct. 28. Always try to fly Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday, as these are the least-booked days and hence the cheapest. As Bill mentioned, you need at least two weeks lead time or they hammer you.

Wow HenryChinaski, it's a small world. I'm originally from Dead Fred. A shit hole of a town unless you're into the whole civil war re-enactment. Anyways--I find myself having to go back from time to time (from Cali). There's no real cheap way and I've tried them all. If you got the time to spare you can take the train or the bus but I can promise you you won't get there on time. I just took Amtak to New Mexico and while the trip over was smooth sailing the return leg was 21 hours behind schedule. Not a lot of fun (but it is easy to smuggle alcohol on board which I highly recommend if you choose the train. The Bus--just as bad if not worse (although there are lots of interesting characters that take the bus. My advice is to stick with the cheapest plane fare you can find--usually through one of the online services. Even flying's no longer convenient but it really is the best way. Moneywise--I don't know. Nothing's cheap anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back