self-inflicted (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Since this came up in another thread, here's the comparison. Manuscript vs. The Night Torn Mad With Footsteps version.

self-inflicted.jpg

"Generousness" becomes "strength" and even worse, "anti-wordly attitudes" becomes "worldly attitudes". Sigh...

For less than a dollar in 1941
Unnecessary, yeah.

And it shows that Martin didn't understand, once again, since Clifton's was famous for their "pay what you want" policy. For many years during the depression, you could eat there for free. I don't know if you could still eat for free by 1941, but a dollar would have been a lot of money for a broke person to spend on a meal in 1941.

Anyway.

Also, from "half of you is bullshit" to ,"half of what you say is bullshit".... original is much better, less blatant and obvious.
Bullshit artist!!!

"didn't show him my work" to "showed him all my work". "my anti-worldly attitudes" to "my worldly attitudes". Changes everything. Fucking stupid. I could do a better job as editor.

Actually, it was "anti-wordly attitudes" which became "worldly attitudes". That´s even worse, unless Buk made a typo writing "wordly" but really meant "worldly". Even so, it´still fucked up to remove the word "anti-".

Couldn't it be that the differences between Bukowski's manuscripts and the outcome in the posthumous collections are based on quantum gravity? Or on spacetime curvature?

Read Carlo Rovelli and you know that you don't know anything at all.

Actually, it was "anti-wordly attitudes" which became "worldly attitudes". That´s even worse, unless Buk made a typo writing "wordly" but really meant "worldly". Even so, it´still fucked up to remove the word "anti-".
And... that's why I'm not an editor. When I typed "wordly" I though I misspelled "worldly".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back