Signed "For Pamela" Books (1 Viewer)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAY-PIANO-DRUNK-BUKOWSKI-SIGNED-1979-HCDJ-/290464991816?pt=US_Fiction_Books

http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTOTUM-CHARLES-BUKOWSKI-SIGNED-2nd-PRINTING-1976-/290464678451?pt=US_Fiction_Books

Isn't it strange that Bukowski signed a book "For Pamela" in 1979 when they broke up two years earlier? Another facet is that they seem to be identical in comparison of the signature. Would his signature look the same in 1976 as it did in 1979?

Or maybe this is totally legit and im just being overly suspicious?

I would guess that he signed both of those at the same time, and that "Pamela" is not that Pamela.

I bought this 1st edition paperback of War All The Time off the same seller. I missed this thread prior to purchasing. When I saw the Pamela I figured there was no way it was thee Pamela, otherwise the seller would have stated it in the auction, unless they didn't have knowledge of it. Does anyone know who this Pamela is, since this is now 4 books inscribed to Pamela? Anyway War is a book I don't have a 1st edition of, and the signed/numbered ones are usually much more expensive. Anyway, I didn't want to go over 80bucks, but got caught up in the moment and ended up paying 103.00. Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase. And anytime there is a doodle, I'll spend more than what I originally intended to.

war.jpg

I bought this 1st edition paperback of War All The Time off the same seller. I [...] ended up paying 103.00.
Jesus shit, it's like bargain days or something. Summer is always a good time to buy on eBay, bad time to sell.

(Oh, just noticed "paperback." Still a good price.)

Yeh, I never really noticed that about summer. But I've got a ton of crap(17 items on there/nothing to do with Buk) but with 2 days left, like 3 things have bids.

Anyway, I didn't want to go over 80bucks, but got caught up in the moment and ended up paying 103.00. Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase. And anytime there is a doodle, I'll spend more than what I originally intended to.
YOU! I would've gladly bumped up the bidding price on that if I wasn't at work. I was unable to get to a computer at the time, and both of the books I bid on went for $103. I especially wanted War with the little man doodle. The next Pamela goes on the block in an hour, I really hope the rest of you are preoccupied and I'm the only one sitting in front of the computer screen on a beautiful 5pm Saturday night. Good luck, bidders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back