• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

someone got a good deal... (1 Viewer)

Sounds like the seller bought it in San Pedro or somewhere nearby. Looks pretty bumped up for a "never opened" copy, but a hundred bucks is still a good deal.

ham.jpg

I'll post some photos when it arrives. I wasn't sure about the story, unless he bought it at Red's bookstore. And there does appear to be some corner ruffling that belies the "unread" claim. I did get the sense that the "original dustjacket" was quite beat up and it was a bit hard to tell the difference between pictures with and without the dust jacket.

Did Red or any other local sellers make DJ's for signed or limited wraps editions?

I think it might have come from my friends bookstore in San Pedro where Bukowski did a book signing. Sort of looks like his writing on the top corner. Congrats on the good deal.

sorry i kicked up the price, ps. i've done that to bill before too (and probably others on this forum).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back