Source for Bukowski Photo Prints (1 Viewer)

Rekrab

Usually wrong.
I've been asked by a nice woman if there is a place where she can buy a large (8 by 10 or bigger) quality print of a photograph of Bukowski. This is for a gift for her boyfriend who's mad for Hank, so it needs to be classy, a real photograph, not some scanned piece of crap printed on somebody's home inkjet printer. And, it should be licensed, not pirated, as I don't want to encourage the sale of bootleg junk. Price doesn't seem to be an issue for her. I'm thinking there may be an official source for Montfort images. Can anyone help me with this? I know if anyone knows the answer, it's some of you class intellectuals and schoolyard bullies. Thanks in advance.

David,
I am the distributor for photos by Ulvis Alberts. Let me see what I have here. He shot three or 4 photos of Hank. I know that I have the poster, but may still have an original silver gellatin photo. If not, I can probably get one from Ulvis. He is in Latvia right now. She probably wants it for Christmas?

Bill

Hi,
That is presst cool and the seller is a great guy, but that is a 5x7 photo. I'm not sure if this person was looking larger. Ulvis usually prints 11x14 and then museum mounts them on mat board. They are signed and are real pieces of art.

Bill

Bill: thanks much for the info on the Ulvis Alberts photos. It sounds like the kind of thing she's looking for. She may also be interested in the poster. I'll give her your email address.

Buk on a Bike: Yes, that's a great photo although it's 5 by 7. I saw that too and told her about it. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know if Montfort photos are available?

Bill: thanks much for the info on the Ulvis Alberts photos. She may also be interested in the poster.
The Mother Road poster? That's been hanging in my kitchen for 10 years. I never get tired of it for some reason.

Does anyone know if Montfort photos are available?

Hi,
Montfort photos are probably still available from Montfort. He moved to The Chech Republic last I heard, so he is a bit tougher to get in touch with. I had his LA phone number here, but that no longer works....

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back