stimulas package (1 Viewer)

i heard they are giving them out already,
anyone get theirs?

i'm heading for Milano soon,
so i'm hoping to have that extra $300-600 in my bank account,
so i can drink that fancy coffee and wine over there.

i'm broke,
just going to meet my girlfriends family.

would be nice to not have to be that humble with my spending,
an extra $600 would be nice.

i'm single, made like $27k, i think i'll be only getting $300.
kind of what i'm expecting.

I'm waiting on mine to pay my mortgage. I'm doing what most people seem to be doing and am spending it on bills and not going out to buy a flat screen TV. Of course, this is not as much about stimulating the economy (which it will not do) as it is about buying votes.

My amount should be $1800, so my vote ain't cheap and frankly I could not disagree more with the whole idea of a tax rebate during a time of war, with a budget shortfall, defecit, debt, etc.

Still, I'll spend mine the day I get it. Hopefully it'll be this week. I e-filed back in February. Their seems to be no way to know when it will come or actually what the full amount will be. It is very confusing.

Bill

The Gubment is sending checks to all US taxpayers in hopes if propping up our badly failing economy. Since the invasion of Iraq, fuel prices have more that doubled, the housing market has crashed, the dollar is weak, unemployment is up and many, many people are having their houses taken by the banks.

The US is in MASSIVE, crippling debt and digging ourselves in deeper. Now, every taxpayer will get a "rebate" of $600 per person ($1200 for a couple), plus $300 per kid (up to a total of $600). The plan was for the gubment to spend $200 Billion to "stimulate" the economy. The plan was for all of these people to run out and buy, buy, buy. Things like new TVs and luxury items. In reality this will be used by people to keep from having the bank take their houses or to keep from freezing to death next winter when they cannot afford to heat their houses. The price of fuel is expected to continue to go up, especially as the dollar continues to fall.

On a side note, every quarter, EXXON MOBIL posts the largest profit in the history of the world, only to outdo themselves the following quarter. Still, they have massive tax breaks to "help" them as the White House seems to think that they need gubment assistance.

Bill

The Gubment is sending checks to all US taxpayers in hopes if propping up our badly failing economy. Since the invasion of Iraq, fuel prices have more that doubled, the housing market has crashed, the dollar is weak, unemployment is up and many, many people are having their houses taken by the banks.

The US is in MASSIVE, crippling debt and digging ourselves in deeper.

Yes, I know.

Now, every taxpayer will get a "rebate" of $600 per person ($1200 for a couple), plus $300 per kid (up to a total of $600).

I didn't know. Lousy amount...

The US is in MASSIVE, crippling debt

The plan was for all of these people to run out and buy, buy, buy. Things like new TVs and luxury items. In reality ...

If we spend that money at the Wal-Mart,
the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline
it will go to Opec.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to
Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan,
and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is
to buy whores, beer, and tattoos, since these
products are still produced in the USA.

So: Get fucked up, and get a tat!

May God Bless the USA!

found on the web

The Gubment is sending checks to all US taxpayers...
Well, not all. ;) If you owe them money, no check. I have owed the IRS money for, oh, I don't know, most of my life, and whenever there is a tax return or some amount due from the federal government, they just apply it to the debt.

Yay stimulus! Now I'll be paid off in June of 2050 instead of August!

If we spend that money at the Wal-Mart,
the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline
it will go to Opec.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to
Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan,
and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is
to buy whores, beer, and tattoos, since these
products are still produced in the USA.

So: Get fucked up, and get a tat!

May God Bless the USA!

found on the web

:D

Or, of course, you could buy Buk books on ebay.

Well, not all. ;) If you owe them money, no check. I have owed the IRS money for, oh, I don't know, most of my life, and whenever there is a tax return or some amount due from the federal government, they just apply it to the debt.

and if you filed late this year, you get nothing.
per Father Luke's list above, let's not forget single moms a.k.a. pole dancers. That money stays here too.;)

2454857986_076d53b357_m.jpg

Okay. First tattoos - then books , then everything else.

And when the 200 billion has been spent the bad economy will be just as bad. It's like pissing in your pants to get warm for a few minutes...

Last edited by a moderator:
True! - "My tattoos and how I got them", by Father Luke...:D

Attachments

• 2406381882_80473c41cf_o.gif
    2406381882_80473c41cf_o.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 151
And when the 200 billion has been spent the bad economy will be just as bad. It's like pissing in your pants to get warm for a few minutes...

That is fucking classic. I wish that a commentator in the US would just say that.

Hazzah.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Yay stimulus! Now I'll be paid off in June of 2050 instead of August!

MJP, not to pry, but I am in a similar situation...I have a monthly payment deal I made with the bastards. So even with that kind of deal they don't send you the money?

MJP, not to pry, but I am in a similar situation...I have a monthly payment deal I made with the bastards. So even with that kind of deal they don't send you the money?
No they don't. They apply it to your balance. At least that was the case last time they did this, and any time I have a refund coming. I pay monthly as well.

I'm used to it. I wouldn't know what to do with a government check, it's been too long since I've seen one. It does more good going to my debt.

Well, when I lived in Venice in the early 80's there were a lot of V13 gang members around. One of them told me that it meant you had done time. That was more than 20 years ago, of course, and tattoos are more mainstream now, so maybe it has taken on other meanings, or lost its meaning. I don't know what it signifies for Father Luke. I was just surprised that someone didn't bring up that it may have represented something. Or maybe they knew and they just kept quiet about it. In retrospect, that's probably what I should have done.

Ha ha, now that I've actually LOOKED at my finances, $100 to Buk stuff (5 books of poetry, 1 book of prose, 3 matchbooks, and a pamphlet) and the rest... Pffft, groceries, diapers, and other various things.

FTW?

Nothing really cryptic about my tattoo, and
I don't mind talking about it if you are curious.

The spider web on my elbow arose out of my
frustration. I had been stuck in some life situations
for quite a number of years, and felt I wasn't
making any progress. Hence, the symbolism of
the spiderweb. Like I hadn't moved in all that time.

There are four layers - hence four years.

The jail house symbolism is varied. It either means you
have done that amount of time, or you killed a cop. Of
course I don't follow rules, so tattoo symbolism for me
is what I want it to symbolize.

The FTW stands for free the whales.
Well, that's what I tell my six year old niece. . . ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back