The New Censorship Vol. 2. No. 3 (June 1991) (2 Viewers)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
According to the database, two poems in this one are uncollected. But once folks see the full text, I wouldn’t be surprised if they appeared in the post posthumous – all the rest did.

The two that appear uncollected are:
  • 2 A.M.
  • Biography
The rest of the poems in the issue are:
  • An Evaluation
  • Classical
  • Iron
  • It's Difficult For Them
  • Splash
  • The Horseplayer
  • You Tell Me What It Means
No real head-turners here, but I’ve included the drawings as well.

New_Censorship_June_1991_1.jpg

2am.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
New_Censorship_June_1991_3.jpg

New_Censorship_June_1991_4.jpg
New_Censorship_June_1991_5.jpg

New_Censorship_June_1991_7.jpg

New_Censorship_June_1991_12.jpg

I suppose that it's just a matter of time before we see the contents of Vol. 4 No. 2. That one has 15 uncollected poems (at least as of a couple of years ago when I did the research). If I had a functioning scanner, I'd throw them up here.

Thing is, I have a scanner, but no motivation and no desk space. Don't make me post my blurry photos!

For starters, several of the uncollected poems in Vol. 4 No. 2 have manuscripts here, thanks to our fearless (probably because he's drunk) leader:

tonight
organ play
big deal
bless my greasy forehead
crawling toward winter
life people you and the purple dog which has nothing to do with any of this

And here's the cover (and an example of how photography can fool you on a computer; the cover is clean white, but I like amber lighting in my work space):

NCv4No2.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to our Modem technologies I have pulled up Shastokovik's 10th and it is wundobar. It is 1:35 am and I am too drinking as our fearless leader may be (mjp). The music is filling me with joy. I've never heard of a bad music recommendation from himself, Bukowski. Was Buk smart before he listened to all of the classical music or did he become a genius because he listened to so much classical music?

"The most frequently cited modernist, with ten references, is Dimitri Shostakovich. In "take it" (BSP 1984) Buk hears the Soviet composer's First Symphony, then sleeps like a baby. While typing the Barfly screenplay, he listens to Shostakovich's Fifith on the radio. However, in "culture" (BSP 1981) Buk admits preferring the Fourth, a piece with an interesting history: written in 1936, it was withdrawn during rehearsals and did not premiere until 1961."

http://realbeer.com/buk/classicbuk/cb1.html

Thanks to our Modem technologies I have pulled up Shastokovik's 10th and it is wundobar. It is 1:35 am and I am too drinking as our fearless leader may be (mjp). The music is filling me with joy. I've never heard of a bad music recommendation from himself, Bukowski. Was Buk smart before he listened to all of the classical music or did he become a genius because he listened to so much classical music?
Let's not forget about Mahler. Just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back