The poet of pain (1 Viewer)

Nice find! I have'nt read that review before.
I laughed at this: "In old age, after a measure of prosperity, Bukowski must have had some surgeon clean up his skin, because his cheeks look delicate and pinkly smooth." :D

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article:

"In old age, after a measure of prosperity, Bukowski
must have had some surgeon clean up his skin,
because his cheeks look delicate and pinkly smooth."

I call Bullshit, and Cheap shot.
Hi Hank.
3076068318_1fa377fe55.jpg

Yes, ridiculous is the right word! I don't think Buk was the type who gets a face lift or clean up. On the contrary, he was proud of his scars. In BIT he said he became envious when he saw a guy on the bus with worse scars than his.

And it was Linda Lee Bukowski, a shadowy figure in his writing with the exception of some late poems they wrote together, who nursed him until he died of leukaemia, a 74-year-old man who, by the end, looked about 110. That's the booze for you.

Really? and which ones are these? Does anyone know of those poems, presumably written by the both of them?

"...died of leukaemia, a 74-year-old man who, by the end, looked about 110. That's the booze for you"...!!!!!!!! nasty thing to say

That's the booze for you? - Or perhaps the illness!

And it was Linda Lee Bukowski, a shadowy figure in his writing with the exception of some late poems they wrote together, who nursed him until he died of leukaemia, a 74-year-old man who, by the end, looked about 110. That's the booze for you.

Really? and which ones are these? Does anyone know of those poems, presumably written by the both of them?

Someone confusing Linda King with Linda Bukowski........again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back