The Shield - TV (1 Viewer)

chronic

old and in the way
I don't know if anyone else here is into this show, but the final season starts next Tuesday. Since The Sopranos, Deadwood, Lucky Louie and Carnivale have all ended or been disappeared by HBO, The Shield is just about the only bright spot on television these days with superior storylines and top-notch acting all around.

Hasn't it been the "final season" of The Shield for 3 or 4 years? I feel like I quit watching that a long time ago, before what they said was going to be the final season. It's been at least 2 1/2, 3 years.

Maybe they are having a never ending final season, the way the Heartbreakers used to play their "farewell show" every time the rent was due...

Yeah. Since seasons are like a year and a half or two years apart these days, it has been that long. Originally last season and this season were supposed to be two short half-seasons comprising the sixth and final season, but then they decided to make them full seasons with the seventh being the last (is that enough "seasons" for you?). All of that aside, it's a really good show and has managed to remain consistently good throughout it's run. A rare feat these days.

I didn't read anything here because I'm catching up on the 6th Season DVD that came out today... But I have to say that this is my favorite drama show on TV. Now, or ever.

I'm impressed that I never grew bored with it. Then the finale for season 5... damn.

I mean, damn! I'll be back in a few days when my wife and I finish the DVDs.

Yeah. Since seasons are like a year and a half or two years apart these days, it has been that long.
I think that's one of the reasons we bailed on it. When a new season would start I was completely out of the rhythm of the show. I couldn't remember who was good and who was bad. By the time I found my bearings the season would be over.

But that goes for most things these days. Better to watch them on dvd at your own pace.

I think that's one of the reasons we bailed on it. When a new season would start I was completely out of the rhythm of the show.

I had the same problem with The Sopranos. By the time the new season airs you've completely forgotten where the previous season left off.

Anyone remember when a "season" of a typical show was 32-38 episodes every year?

I don't know if anyone else here is into this show, but the final season starts next Tuesday. Since The Sopranos, Deadwood, Lucky Louie and Carnivale have all ended or been disappeared by HBO, The Shield is just about the only bright spot on television these days with superior storylines and top-notch acting all around.

How about the mini-series called Generation Kill, have you tried that?
I think its great.

Anyone watching Mad Men? I'm digging that show so far.

Also--in bizarre Buk related trivia--did anyone ever see this show?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220238/

I used to caretake for a guy/friend in a wheelchair--& he watched this show: Once or twice during the show, I saw the lead character wearing a Buk T-shirt. Did anyone else see that? I actually wrote BSP & aske dthem about it...they said it was a knock-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back