Time To Get Lawyered Up? (1 Viewer)

There's a rumor floating around the entertainment news websites that the next project for director Steven Soderbergh ("Sex, Lies, and Videotape", "Oceans 12") is a bio-pic of Liberace to star Michael Douglas in the title role and Matt Damon as Scott Thorson, Lee Liberace's boy-toy who filed the first gay palimony suit after Liberace threw him out of their shared Beverly Boulevard penthouse suite in the early 80's.

Stop the presses. I've owned the rights to Scott Thorson's life story since May 14, 2004, and I have a signed Life Story and Consent document to prove my case. More on this as details emerge "” and the WGA and assorted entertainment lawyers are consulted "” but in the interim, from September 27, 2005, the Trace Stories for 8763 Wonderland, [contains] the story of my professional relationship with Scott Thorson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the link to the story as re-posted at Carver's Dog. I have no beef, legal or otherwise, with Warner Brothers, Soderbergh, et al, but if Thorson collects one red cent he is in flagrant violation of the life story consent and release I have on file (well, actually, it's out of the files now and resting on my desk).

Will do, V. I have to call the Writer's Guild this afternoon; they've helped me out in similar matters in the past even though I'm not a card-carrying WGA member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back