Trevy Felix: Resistance (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
It's been 1 year, 6 months and 4 days since my brother Trevy was murdered in Dominica along with his partner Nelly, in their own home that was then burned to the ground.

These systems that we are born into, that respond with a shrug to people being slaughtered, are inhuman. We can talk about politics, but politics and politicians are just shit on humanity's shoe. If we cared about each other our systems and politics and politicians would reflect that.

1 year, 6 months and 4 days, and still, every time I hear his music or see one these videos I am overcome with sadness and loss that I wish I could turn in to rage, but rage at who? The "authorities" in Dominica didn't perform anything but a cursory investigation into the murders, and the people who might know something aren't talking. You can't blame them, they'd probably end up in the same charred graves if they did talk.

But it isn't just Dominica, if you live in most cities around the world you can say the same thing. No one cares. "People are not good to each other, perhaps if they were our deaths would not be so sad," someone once said. Ain't it the truth.

I don't know if it's important to "leave something behind" when you go. Most of us just live and die and are quickly forgotten. But Trevy left behind a lot of great music, which is more than most of us will be able to say. So here's some of that music, if you're in the mood.

Thank you for this. I feel the same way. Angry. Sad. It makes no sense, ....their murders. But I guess that's why these things are called "senseless." I found this page, because every now and then, I type Trevy's name or Nelly's name in Google... to see if there has been any update on them. I watch the videos. I remember the last time Trevy was at my house. I can't sit well with what I know and what I don't know. That Dominican authorities left this with a cursory investigation that did not even declare them dead, and inferred that it was just a house fire "of suspicious circumstances," just turns my stomach. I'm glad these videos and the music remains. Each time I hear it,... it is never without the flurry of emotions... sadness, anger, love, wondering. Always wondering. What happened? Who would do this to them?? Why does Dominica NOT CARE about it's son & daughter, Trevy & Nelly.
I cannot forget.

Why does Dominica NOT CARE about it's son & daughter...
Well, as Bob paraphrased in the song Survival, "A good man is never honored in his own yountry. Nothing change, nothing strange."

It makes you wonder though, what kind of scheming and fuckery goes on in DA that two relatively high profile artists could be murdered for their land (allegedly), just like that, and those in charge just squash or starve any investigation.

As Trevy probably would have said, "Man, them fuckers deh never gonna tell you the truth about nothing, bahs..."

Without the truth they'll never get justice, and that's a shame.

Then again, even here in America, you can have all the truth (and multiple videos) on your side and still not get justice form a jury, so I don't know how anyone wins anymore.

Because of this, I will never set foot in Dominica.
I had heard about the seizure of land angle also.
No real investigation?? = Police complicity.
As you said, two high profile, international artists murdered in horrific brutality, the home of children burned to the ground, all evidence erased .... and nothing is done. Complicity.
And yes, in America, even with the video evidence, people still see what they wanna --- and it's not justice that they see.

Honestly, I also find the timing suspicious that Nelly's brother dies in a 'motorcycle accident' a mere few months later. Was there any investigation that?? Was the bike checked over forensically to see if it had been tampered with? Was there a full toxicology panel done on him to know what substances had been in his system, and if he had ingested them willingly?
What did he know? He was also one of the first on the scene. What did he know? What had he discovered? The timing of his death is also disturbing.

Yes, indeed.... "It makes you wonder though, what kind of scheming and fuckery goes on in DA."

It will come out in time though.
Nuff people dem love fi run up dem mout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back