We just lost Leonard Cohen

Discussion in 'Movies, music, TV, art' started by Black Swan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. chronic likes this.
  2. First Trump and now this. It has been a shitty week.

Johannes, Black Swan and chronic like this.
  3. Erik

Erik If u don't know the poetry u don't know Bukowski First 9 Redwood Original Unholy Ones

4. I'd contacted his agent a while back about doing a small book with Leonard Cohen and I got a really positive response so I am personally gutted to hear this. Despite his status he always felt like someone in touch with the world and I for one find this incredibly sad.

5. A couple of weeks ago I saw Bob Dylan's face on TV and I thought he had passed away. It turned out he was awarded a Nobel Prize.
    Leonard Cohen wasn't so lucky (not to win the Nobel, but to stay alive) and I deeply regret it since some of his songs were part of my childhood even before I knew who he was.

6. Pogue Mahone

Pogue Mahone Officials say drugs may have played a part Redwood Original

7. I worked with him once, on a broadside for Sore Dove Press. He was very complimentary about the project and very kind. He will be missed. This has been a shitty week. At least Nick Cave is still alive. I can only take so much.

8. Pogue Mahone

Pogue Mahone Officials say drugs may have played a part Redwood Original

Embarrasingly enough, I just heard this one for the first time earlier tonight and have listened to it a half a dozen times since. What a fucking great way to say goodbye. I could live to 182 years old and never be that fucking cool...

hoochmonkey9, HugOK and Black Swan like this.
  9. Erik

Erik If u don't know the poetry u don't know Bukowski First 9 Redwood Original Unholy Ones

Leonard Cohen: "How I got my song"

hoochmonkey9 and Johannes like this.