• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

What to post here (or more accurately, what not to post here) (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
This forum is for listing or finding rare or unusual Bukowski books, magazines, manuscripts, art, etc.

Please don't list any common or easily obtainable books or items. In other words, if you can walk into a book store and buy it (assuming there are still any book stores left when you read this), it probably doesn't belong here.

You just deleted my listing for Ham on Rye.

I would argue that anything that is out of print is essentially rare and hard to find. Good luck finding Black Sparrow Press editions--and where in the world are you that it is still possible to "walk into a book store and buy it"? ALL the brick and mortar bookstores in my state have been closed for over a month and there is no end in sight.

I would understand if there were tons of sale listings, but there seem to be precious few. Every time I dip a toe in here I am reminded of how restrictive and unwelcoming this forum is. Good luck with it.

I'm so sorry about deleting the link to your rare and unusual 28th printing Ham on Rye paperback! I don't know what I was thinking, depriving people here of access to such a jewel. I am deeply ashamed and I can only pray that you will somehow find it in your heart to forgive me.

Robert, if you stop loving me I don't know what I'll do. I won't be able to carry on. I look to you for guidance, you know that, and if you're not there, if I can't reach you, I fear I'll be undone! Rudderless and utterly lost. Just tell me what I can do to make up for it. Tell me what to change, how to please you. All I want in this world is your happiness, and I'll do whatever it takes to make you smile.

Is it my shoes? You called my shoes "frivolous" once, and I'm not afraid to admit that I still sting from that remark. I cried myself to sleep that night, my face deep in the pillow so as not to disturb your enjoyment of American Ninja Warrior in the other room.

Is it my hair? I'm sorry I don't use the flat iron you gave me for my birthday, but I'll start, I promise! I'll go to your sister's salon to get the ends trimmed, I will. To hell with my crippling fear of scissors!

But please, don't just disappear again. This place is empty without you. All I do is pace around, holding your University of Phoenix coffee cup in my hand, stroking the handle and watching the door, waiting for the knob to turn and for you to walk through. You don't have to bring flowers, just bring yourself. Please, Robert. Don't do this to me.

Hi MJP, would it be offside for me to mention an upcoming Pacific Book Gallery auction at which a number of (my) Buk items are being put up? If no, I’ll post a new thread with a link. If yes, please forget I ever wrote this….

I get it. A 28th printing of Ham on Rye paperback seams like unworthy poor mans trash but being able get any original Black sparrow with the original cover regardless of the printing is getting very difficult.
Forget about second hand book stores anywhere but big cities. Theyre about as rare as first prints.
If you live anywhere other than a big city and cant afford rare book prices then getting hold of an original Black Sparrow with that original cover and that particular paper stock feel and smell at a reasonable price is a day maker, a buzz, a feel good high.
At least allowing original Black Sparrows would help a lot of new members, first time buyers who aren't wealthy.

I miss all the rules and applications of the rules, on this site.

I'm so sorry about deleting the link to your rare and unusual 28th printing Ham on Rye paperback! I don't know what I was thinking, depriving people here of access to such a jewel. I am deeply ashamed and I can only pray that you will somehow find it in your heart to forgive me.

Robert, if you stop loving me I don't know what I'll do. I won't be able to carry on. I look to you for guidance, you know that, and if you're not there, if I can't reach you, I fear I'll be undone! Rudderless and utterly lost. Just tell me what I can do to make up for it. Tell me what to change, how to please you. All I want in this world is your happiness, and I'll do whatever it takes to make you smile.

Is it my shoes? You called my shoes "frivolous" once, and I'm not afraid to admit that I still sting from that remark. I cried myself to sleep that night, my face deep in the pillow so as not to disturb your enjoyment of American Ninja Warrior in the other room.

Is it my hair? I'm sorry I don't use the flat iron you gave me for my birthday, but I'll start, I promise! I'll go to your sister's salon to get the ends trimmed, I will. To hell with my crippling fear of scissors!

But please, don't just disappear again. This place is empty without you. All I do is pace around, holding your University of Phoenix coffee cup in my hand, stroking the handle and watching the door, waiting for the knob to turn and for you to walk through. You don't have to bring flowers, just bring yourself. Please, Robert. Don't do this to me.

Clearly lots going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back