Why the Beatles?

mjp

So much been said and so little been done
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Let's let this thread get back (see what I did there?) to The Beatles. If you want to talk about the science of Bukowski, you can do it here.

Speaking of The Beatles, when Capitol released Vol. 2 of The Capitol Albums back in 2006, the original release contained the wrong mixes for the mono tracks on Beatles VI and Rubber Soul. Instead of true mono mixes, they were fold-downs of the stereo mixes. Capitol rectified the problem, but trying to figure out whether you had the corrected versions was not simple. Word is, the correct re-issues had a revised version designation on the discs (as well as additional lettering on the cover sticker), but discs did not have these markings and my sticker was long gone. However, my copy of Rubber Soul did not contain the false start at the beginning of I'm Looking Through You on the mono version. Thus, I had evidence that I had the wrong versions and evidence that I had the corrected versions.

If the mono version of I'm Looking Through You has the false start, that means it's the fold-down of the stereo version (the stereo version is from a completely different take than the mono version); the take used for the true mono mixes doesn't have the false start.

mjp

So much been said and so little been done
Founding member
Over 5000 posts
Because they're bigger than 9/11
Good. At least something is.

The only thing worse than a terrorist attack or some random mass shooting or killing or tragedy of any flavor is forever making some kind of grim national holiday out of the date it happened. It's enough already. No one is going to forget, don't worry New York.

"Hey, do you want to go to dinner?"
"I can't, it's October 22nd."
"Oh...what's October 22nd?"
"I got into a bad car accident on October 22nd of 1982. So every October 22nd I remember the accident and relive the horror and pain and misery of it and solemnly mope around all day saying, 'Never again!' So, no, can't make dinner. Sorry."
"Jesus, no, I'm sorry, I had no idea. But...how does saying 'Never again' over and over every October 22nd prevent a future accident?"
"What are you, heartless? I had a terrible accident a long time ago, and I want to relive it every year, what's wrong with that?"
"Nothing, I guess. Sorry?"
"You should be."