• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

WTB: Bukowski in the Bathtub & Todd Moore titles (1 Viewer)

Hello,

Looking to purchase a reading copy of Bukowski in the Bathtub published by WaterRow. Not looking for a $50 collectible, just a solid reading copy.

Also, looking for small press titles by the late poet Todd Moore.

Thank you!

Joe

Not looking for a $50 collectible...
I don't think such a thing exits for that title. It's a very cheaply-made book that will crack and fall apart the minute you try to open it wide enough to read it.

A lot of people, including Bukowski, rated John Thomas very highly as a poet. He was a creep, but I guess a lot of poets are creeps.

Good poet or not, I take everything he said about Bukowski in that book with a grain (or a thousand) of salt. He reminds me of the dearly departed Ben Pleasants, except Pleasants didn't die in jail while serving time for "sexual contact" with a 15 year old. Thomas did.

Good luck!

Not so worthless after all - he provoked your response!
mrgreen.gif

I'm reading Bukowski in the bathtub, and that's probably my worst reading on/about/with Bukowski. John Thomas is just bragging all along. I don't know what to trust on what he says in that book. It's even worse than reading the correspondance with Martinelli.

But I've learned something after all! That Bukowski appeared more than the database says in Black Ace books. He appeared on volume 3 with 2 poems (according to Amazon) "Hell" and "Battle Front". He seems to appear also on 4 and 5, maybe more.

I totally agree. It was like two junior high school girls gossiping about a classmate that couldn't be there to respond.

It seems like Thomas started to make weird stuff up about Bukowski after he completely falls flat in the first three chapters -- it's incredibly boring. The interviewer also has a serious chip on her shoulder and that damages her credibility as well.

Bukowski was by no means a perfect human being, but this publication lacks any credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back