• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

you might be able to get a 'personal' appearance at your house by M.Rourke cheaper... (2 Viewers)

Well, eBay is hosed at the moment, so I can't see the auction, but if it's the legit U.S. release, it's been out of print for many years, and usually fetches $75 - $100.

It used to be the only place to get (some of) the Bukowski tapes on DVD, and it is still the only place to get Barbet Schroder's commentary throughout the movie.

You are right. It would almost be cheaper to fly to LA and ask Rourke to act out scenes from the movie for you....

yeah, but then your house would smell like feet for weeks...

I got my sealed copy just over a year ago on ebay for $10 shipping and all...

Well, eBay is hosed at the moment, so I can't see the auction, but if it's the legit U.S. release, it's been out of print for many years, and usually fetches $75 - $100.

It used to be the only place to get (some of) the Bukowski tapes on DVD, and it is still the only place to get Barbet Schroder's commentary throughout the movie.

Hmm, I also got mine last year for under $30... I didn't know people were paying $75+ for this, I'll have to revisit the commentary; my initial assessment was that it wasn't great, a lot of lulls/silence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back