Your favorite beer? (2 Viewers)

ever heard of electric beer? i think its just made in bisbee arizona. very good stuff. had it in a little old bar there about two years ago.

bass is great stuff. but mostly i just drink budweiser, its cheap - what the hell?

bukowsky.jpg

Na. All of those beers are bland.

For summertime slightly fruity wheat beers, Bell's Oberon.
For IPAs, Great Lakes Brewing Co. Burning River
For porters, Great Lakes Brewing Co. Edmund Fitzgerald
For lagers, Spaten
For that particular type of Belgian Ale, Chimay

In my fridge now...Moose Head Canadian Lager.

I have found that I prefer Lagers most of the time.
Dark ales are a close second.
Then come porters or stouts.
If it's a hot day out, and I'd like something light, I'll go for a pale ale.
If I'm having some fruit and cheese a wheat beer will do just fine.

Among my favorite lagers currently...
Moose Head
Red Stripe
Sam Adams Black
Bohemia
Rolling Rock is good for a lighter lager
Asahi Super Dry

My favorite dark ales...
Nothing beats Moose Drool
Sam Adams Brown Ale
New Castle
Fat Tire

Stouts...
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Pig's Ass Porter (The Ale House Micro Brew Bozeman Montana)

Pale Ales...
Sam Adams
Our local Pizza place, Stuft Pizza Make a pretty tastey IPA
Sierra Nevada- the old stand by

Wheat Beers...
Blue Moon
Windmer

Let's not forget the fine folks over at Dogfish Head Brewing.

Their 90 minute IPA on tap is delightful, plus they make a whole range of beverages including a Barleywine, that is something like 25% (I can't drink the stuff, but I'm sure there's somebody out there who can manage)

Also, small batch Vodka's

http://www.dogfish.com/

How do! I am new to this forum, well actually to any for mattering a fact. And for about half an hour now have been wandering about clicking on everything but productive results. Sorry, if this is clutters anyones reply space, but I would like to ask for some virtual assistance on navigating my way to and through and into the coliseum of conversation. I am no gladiator of gab, but would like to experience what is "Bukowski" in relation to all of us here who pay tribute to a great writer who may inspire more great writers. Any how! Just some quick tips on this FORUM process and I will be on my way... Thanks! P.S. I have a GUINNESS refrigerator to cool my muse of choice...

How do! I am new to this forum, well actually to any for mattering a fact. And for about half an hour now have been wandering about clicking on everything but productive results. Sorry, if this is clutters anyones reply space, but I would like to ask for some virtual assistance on navigating my way to and through and into the coliseum of conversation. I am no gladiator of gab, but would like to experience what is "Bukowski" in relation to all of us here who pay tribute to a great writer who may inspire more great writers. Any how! Just some quick tips on this FORUM process and I will be on my way... Thanks! P.S. I have a GUINNESS refrigerator to cool my muse of choice...

texas huh? hey you ain't Goerge Bush is ya?

Hoegaarden.

But the good folk of Newcastle won't be too happy to hear you lot refer to their beer as New Castle Brown Ale. They're quite proud of it.

any thats ice cold and from a tap! Although I wouldnt say no to one from a can, bottle or any other serving method!
Carlsbergs probably my fave, although I like Molson Canadian, but sadly theres only 1 Canuck bar in London and you have to buy in bulk off the net so I cant get it that much! But i'll drink any kind of lager or stout, and the occasional real ale too.
(oh, and I'm obsessed with Jaegermeister too - found the only stock of it in my town and have been drinking them dry ever since, although i've cut back a lot after the intial 2-3 bottles a week at the start) - also a big Vodka fan. Hmmm, methinks I may have a booze problem.... (but then, who doesnt these days?)

Some friends were saying very good things about Delirium Tremens and some bitch spilled half the bottle as I was walking towards it to pour myself a glass...

Green Bottles Are Dangerous

Pilsner Urquell has done a better job than Beck's in designing their six-pack bottles. Beck's maintains the traditional "caddy" style cardboard containers which are vulnerable to "light spoilage" (aka skunkiness). Wish I had a nickel for every Beck's I've lost....:@ - Now PK - on the other hand, having learned what not to do from Beck's - offers a six-pack like a birdhouse with six chimneys. Very light-proof efficient cardboard carrying case.

Pilsner Urquell is winning me over - One pint at a time.\\

;)

My beer if choice, not surprisingly is a Portuguese beer called Superbock. It's this really tasty, heady, strong beer which since its creation has won 23 consecutive gold medals at the Monde Selection. It was also considered a "Superbrand 2006".

You guys should see about trying it out some day.

Pilsner Urquell has done a better job than Beck's in designing their six-pack bottles. Beck's maintains the traditional "caddy" style cardboard containers which are vulnerable to "light spoilage" (aka skunkiness). Wish I had a nickel for every Beck's I've lost....:@ - Now PK - on the other hand, having learned what not to do from Beck's - offers a six-pack like a birdhouse with six chimneys. Very light-proof efficient cardboard carrying case.

Pilsner Urquell is winning me over - One pint at a time.\\

;)
Pilsner Urquel was voted best beer in the world in the late 70's. It's a Chek beer, right?
Any ice cold beer is great if you are chasing a shot of Scotch. Amen.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back