My testimony (1 Viewer)

That is good news. Now lets all be nice and remember to pony up the dough...

(yeah shut up cheapskate)

I hope that they got the rights from both copyright holders (Alberts and Levine) on that photo before using it on the cover....

Bill

Fantastic. I love to receive 'special prizes' in the mail!!! :D

Have a good trip Swan

I got mine today too! They're beautiful! The colors are very clear and bright. It's a good result. On the back it says: Oil on canvas - Desforges 2008 and Funded with the support of the bukowski.net members - and the title of course: Georgia Peckham and Charles Bukowski...

Last edited by a moderator:
trust me. The gubment is more afraid of anti-admistration and anti-war stuff coming in than it is of illegal immigrants (just ask the former Cat Stevens). Even though they pretend that they want to secure the border, what they really want to do is find an easy group of people to make as the problem.... Illegal immigrants (or really undocumented workers) are the easy target.

That being said, I want to see these beautiful postcards!

Bill

Here you go, Bill...

scan0001x.JPG

Black Swan was kind enough to sign one for me, so I framed it and put it above my desk...

Black Swan was kind enough to sign one for me, so I framed it and put it above my desk...

You too, Hooch? I also got a signed one and framed it! :D

I would'nt be surprised if the rest of you receives a signed card with a dedication too.

Cards arrived safely in the UK. Thanks Black Swan - they're great! Love the packaging. This one really was a 'special prize' :p

Anyone who missed out - I see Water Row has some for sale on Ebay already... Hope you're getting a nice cut Swan

ha!

Which brings up a good point. These do look amazing grouped in fours. Maybe I'll mat and frame mine four up (when I get them)....

Bill

(when I get them)
No joy here in California either Bill. Maybe we'll have to buy them from Waterrow. ;)

WTF is up with that guy anyway? How does he make it selling so much shit you can buy directly from the source (Salt Lake City reading, Lou Webb documentary, these cards I've yet to see...;))?!

Not in today's mail, either.... I'm not sure how they made in to Massachussetts, England, Denmark, but not to the US. Maybe the Dept of Homeland security really does have it in for us....

Bill

Already sold!

Yes, but only that one set of four cards. Strange he did'nt put up a lot of cards at the same time, the way they did with the Buk DVD's...

Also strange that the cards have'nt reached mpj and Bill yet! They must pop up this week surely...

Also strange that the cards haven't reached mpj and Bill yet! They must pop up this week surely...

Black Swan stopped by my place. She and I have been playing canasta.
She'll get around to mailing the rest of them, but I'm beating her 25 to 1,
so she is desperate to even the score. It's all my fault.

I see! So they have'nt all been mailed yet! I guess we owe Homeland Security an excuse. :D
You're a real canasta shark, FL. Reminds me of the old W.C. Fields movie, "Don't Give A Sucker An Even Break"...:p

Sorry guys about the delay all cards left the same day!

Yes, Father Luke asked me to drop by and leave the postcards with him in Santa Cruz. He would take care of the delivery. We have been playing canasta but now I am winning 47-25. . .

It seems like anything Bukowski in California has been affected by the
Ben Pleasant's statement. Maybe Homeland Security is holding the suspect packages and we are all in for it.

Yes, Father Luke asked me to drop by and leave the postcards with him in Santa Cruz. He would take care of the delivery. We have been playing canasta but now I am winning 47-25. . .

It seems like anything Bukowski in California has been affected by the
Ben Pleasant's statement. Maybe Homeland Security is holding the suspect packages and we are all in for it.

No need to be sorry. You can only put them in the mail. Sometimes these things just take a long tome for no obvious reason.

It will be well worth the wait, I'm sure!

Bill

Okay.

I'm opening mine now.

I have wrapping paper with the print on it, and tied with a red
fabric ribbon. Let me untie it.

(listening to People who died, by Jim Carrol if anyone is into it.)

The wrapping paper is great.

Okay, as it turns out I see the backs of the cards first.
Hey! Bukowski.net ! GroovY !

Let's turn these over now. . .

fuck. I'm crying.

Thank you Black Swan.
Thank you very, very much. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back