Trivia part III (1 Viewer)

I guess that's because Bukowski just looked a little like a beatnik. (Should I have capitalized Beatnik?)

I would be willing to bet that mjp just added those extra New York items to the Database, not that there's anything wrong with that. Better late than never but always great service to all of us.

I would be willing to bet that mjp just added those extra New York items to the Database...
Not recently, no.

If you look at the result for "New York As I Remember It? And I Guess It Hasn't Changed," you can see a WorkNumber in the URL:
2127 is an old number. Something added in the past few weeks would be up in the four thousands. Like this one that I just added this morning:
(That was added because there are two completely different versions of "My God" and we had everything clustered under one entry before.)

Well then the works database screwed me the other day when a search of New York came up with maybe 4 answers none of which was "New York As I Remembered It? And I Guess It Hasn't Changed". Not that I expect it to help me find the answer to a trivia question but it is a nice go to reference tool. Thank you very much to the man behind the curtain.

You probably had a space in front of "new." If you search that way, "New York As I Remember It? And I Guess It Hasn't Changed" won't be in the results.

You have to watch out for that. It catches me often when I cut and paste and leave a space at the end of something.

Where or in what did Bukowski write: (One had to be careful: feeding poems into a waiting press can easily dissolve into journalism.)

Sorry it took so long but I thought it was your turn, although I did whine about it.

was that when he was temporarily living in new orleans while working on poems for Crucifix, and jon webb would expect a stack of poems whenever buk would visit the webbs?

ok, what was bukowski under the influence of when he said, "a man who can rule his stomach can rule the world!"
bonus: who was he with at the time?

acid is correct! BUT, he wasn't with franceye. the person he was with had given him the acid, and was the one telling the story of said acid trip...

yep, big john thomas. got the anecdote from "bukowski in the bathtub".
ponder and black swan, y'all can rock, paper scissors for it.....

I still haven't read the bathtub memoir.
I guess I've read it somewhere else.

Black Swan loves to ask questions.

In 1974, Bukowski read in Santa Cruz with other poets.
It was a benefit reading. What was the cause? How much did it cost to get in?

What is the name of the free tabloid issued in Carlsbad Calif. in 1981 by Alex N. Scandalios which contains
Buk's "Ordinary Madness: Poetry & Drawings"?

No. He was drinking from a flask of vodka and orange.
But how much did he drink during his reading?

Who shot the 1983 interview with Buk for German Cosmopolitan Magazine?

I'm not to answer that one.
But as a small hint may serve you, to find out about another question first:
Who lead that interview?

Ponder:
I hope it's okay to make this a double-feature-question (which is a thing I just have invented) by dropping this.
I simply had to, I couldn't resist.

(and I'll give you a little story after it's solved.)

Frances Schoenberger led the interview. Don't know who shot it, though... maybe Montfort, took pictures with one hand and filmed with the other :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back