12 POSTKARTEN (1 Viewer)

Pogue Mahone

Officials say drugs may have played a part
Does anyone know anything about this one? It's a pretty cool set of postcards in a Cold War kind of style.

Roni, maybe you can help me with the translation? Google came up with the following, which is just a step up from Martin in terms of editing:

THE POEM IS THE GREAT GOOD HORSE IN TARGET STRAIGHT-REMEMBER NOTHING OVER leads. IT WILL MAKE THE RACE. ALSO ON SIDEWALK.

Attachments

• 12 Postkarten_3.png
    12 Postkarten_3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • 12 Postkarten_1.png
    12 Postkarten_1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • 12 Postkarten_2.png
    12 Postkarten_2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • 12 Postkarten_4.png
    12 Postkarten_4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
And on the reverse: 'quote from: a sloppy essay about the writing of poems' - so probably a translation from : 'A Rambling Essay On Poetics And The Bleeding Life Written While Drinking A Six-Pack (Tall)'.

[...] Yet poetry is the big good horse in the stretch: you can't deny him; they're going to hang up his number. Get on. [...]

That's the end of the 7th paragraph in a copy of A Bukowski Sampler.

Roni, maybe you can help me with the translation?
of course it's not easy to take a bad translation and re-translate that one into the original language.
Here's my shot:

"The poem is the big good horse in the strech - nothing walks past it. It will make the race. So climb it."

The worst part is the last sentence. It's definitely the point where it sounds wrong and you drop out.

Hank Solo, where did you get that photo of Hank? It is really awesome. I have never seen Hank that angry, pissed off. Good choice of photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back