• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

2 Ecco Proofs (2 Viewers)

HenryChinaski

Founding member
I have one of The People Loook Like Flowers At Last and one of The Pleasures of the Damned.

I'm selling these to get money to pay back a friend that I wronged. some of you may know him.
anyways, the reason for this post is this:

how much should these go for?
i'm selling both of them together.
somebody help me out please.

-ryan

no, they arent hardcovers. do they even make hardcover proofs?
i don't think so.

proofs.jpg

proofs2.jpg

i was gonna sell them to jeremey(xxedgexx) but he's dickin around and if nobody on here wants them, i'll put them on ebay tomorrow.

i dunno mjp or bill are better authorities on them than i am. nobody has even told me what they're worth. so, when you find out, i'll sell em. i'm not selling them seperately though.

As I said, they are on abe.
If you want to put them on ebay tomorrow, you need to hurry, or Bill or mjp need to hurry;)

There are no hardcover versions of proofs.

As for value, I have no idea. The proofs have never really been on my radar.

But the covers clearly state "NOT FOR SALE", so how could you even consider selling them?

i dunno mjp or bill are better authorities on them than i am. nobody has even told me what they're worth. so, when you find out, i'll sell em. i'm not selling them seperately though.

Probably $25 a piece is fair. I have them all here from Ecco and a few from BSP. They are cool and some have poems that were cut from the final printing of the book :0

Has anyone ever compiled a list of the poems that made it through to the proof before being cut? Cirerita?

Bill

Probably $25 a piece is fair. I have them all here from Ecco and a few from BSP. They are cool and some have poems that were cut from the final printing of the book :0

Has anyone ever compiled a list of the poems that made it through to the proof before being cut? Cirerita?
I didn't know that. Are we talking about a handful poems or is it more?

I didn't know that. Are we talking about a handful poems or is it more?

If I remember correctly (and I don't usually), it is not more than a few in each book. I know that there are two or three in the last book of new poems... Let me look... The letters are the same way, with the "confidential" manusrcipt having certain letters removed.

Of course, there are only 3 of the confidential galley proofs for the letters, so good luck on that...

LATER EDIT....

ok. I'm only 50% liar/wrong:

I checked back and see that other than typos, there are not many changes to the uncorrected proofs vs. the final. Where I got this is that I have four versions of The Flash of Lightning (I have the HB 1st, Paperback uncorrected Proof, comb bound Editor's Galley proof, and the master's 1st pass (unbound)).

On this release, there are 5 poems that were removed. They are:

heavy dogs in cement shoes
mannequins
slow learner
I'm upstairs now
lack of common interest

Without doing a bit more research, I cannot tell you if these poems appeared later, although the database shows them as all unpublished...

Bill

Hey HC: I'll donate to your cause to the tune of $60. Tried to get them on ebay, but I don't like PayPal at all. Any chance I can do it with a cheque?

I've done the $$$ with Jordan and BOSPress here, so they can vouche for my integrity. Well, not my integrity, but they can tell you I'll pay...;)

Bill: I wasn't aware that there were any significant differences between the proofs and firsts. I have a couple Ecco proofs and never paid much attention to them. Thanks for enlightening us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back