• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

2000 Charles Bukowski Skateboard (1 Viewer)

eBay046.jpg

black label jeff grosso charles bukowski skateboard. very very rare in unused condition. some scuffs from being moved around for 10 years.

i will take 250 shipped in con US for this.

please email me youlovegus at gmail dot com

thanks!

awesome dude.

I've always wondered why there aren't more Bukowski skateboards around.

I mean, the connection is so obvious...

Is this HIS skateboard? You say it's a 2000...is it signed by Bukowski? If so, that would really up the value...

obviously this is not *his* skateboard, nor signed by him.

it is just a very rare skateboard and buk piece (i am a skateboard collector and buk fan obviously)

this isn't something you'd buy to ride either, just a wall hanger.

figured i'd toss it on here...i just bought a motorcycle, and am starting up in mens roller derby and need to fund all this shit.

thanks for looking guys.

ha. love the homophobic insecurities! i'll keepthat in mind while i'm out hanging with a ton of derby gals wearing barely anything...

anyways, it's not my pic. it's a pic from when I purchased it. ;) there's no animal print in my home! !

and no this isn't my first post, i'm pretty sure my first posts were coming on here and offering up a TON of live audio that was unavailable at the time....

also i'm not sure who did the art. my resource for that info is having issues with their database and i can't log in.

i'll keepthat in mind while i'm out hanging with a ton of derby gals wearing barely anything...
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were going to be hanging it out with derby guys. My bad. Derby gals is a whole different thing, isn't it. You're no homo. Thank Jesus for that, because you know what happens to homos in the afterlife.

and no this isn't my first post, i'm pretty sure my first posts were coming on here and offering up a TON of live audio that was unavailable at the time....

indeed and i still listen to it and thanks again.

no offense to you i just don't see any connection with bukowski and skateboarding.

I'm no homophobe. I love the homos. I was just playing with you. besides that, I'm a little bit homo myself. But I'm with MJP so you'd never know it. He keeps me in a cage for that very reason.

For decoration, I would love to have that hangin' on the wall. Wasn't this just on eBay weeks ago? I don't think reserve was met?

I've never seen that black label board. man oh man, what a treasure. i wish i could buy it but its for sure not worth 250. at fifty bucks a pop I'd say at the most $100 would be fair. let me know what you get for it. also, if it doesnt sell. does it have grip-tape on it?

also, the only thing rare about it is that its not being made anymore. so many old decks from the 80s and early 90s are still going around and theyre for sure not anywhere near $250. its a black label board that just happens to have bukowski on it because jeff grosso was a fan.

as a collector of over 10 years, this board is worth that in our circles and before the market crash was being sold for over 300, in this condition. this was my board on ebay a while back...

to non collectors, i can see not paying the 250...totally understandable. i wouldnt expect anyone to know the rarity of it outside the collecting circles *shrug*

early black label board command a pretty hefty price. now they are just a reualr run of the mill board but back in the day black label was one of the first really hesh companies. esp in a time when skating wasnt popular like it is now.

i will entertain offers but $50-100 just wouldn't cut it. there is maybe 2 of these in unskated condition in existence.

anyways, just thought i'd offer it up here. couldn't hurt! :)

...before the market crash was being sold for over 300, in this condition.
I had no idea the skateboard collecting market was so closely tied to Wall Street.

Or was there a parallel skateboard market crash?

I know the getting-a-raise-at-your-job-if-you-still-have-a-job market also crashed, but I was not aware the financial downturn affected the secondary skateboard market.

Thank god I didn't invest all my savings in skateboard futures as many people here (don't worry, I won't name names -- jordan and james) advised me to do.

as a collector of over 10 years, this board is worth that in our circles and before the market crash was being sold for over 300, in this condition.

anyways, just thought i'd offer it up here. couldn't hurt! :)
Are you saying we are in your circles?

It's nice you can relate to us, as old as at least I am with my bad hips and all.
I hope you get a fair price for it. I used to be worth much more myself.;)

yes, skateboard collecting was directly tied to wall street :)

many baby boomer types buying up old NOS boards anywhere from 300 to 5K dollars couldn't afford to do so with job losses, cuts, spouses losing jobs, etc etc....

its just like any other hobby. it gets pushed to the back burner and demand dropping means falling prices.

skateboard futures as it was put, was a pretty lucrative investment if you got in at the right time. and that's being said in all seriousness!

anyways....

It was more lucrative if one got out at the right time.

I skateboarded for a while back in '76 - for about a spring and summer. No helmets, no gloves, no pads, just a hill, a busy street below, and a patch of dirt to ditch in. Or the street, of course (tar-bound macadam for those of you who swing that way).

Chick who lived there, adjacent to said dirt patch, used to make fun of me for liking Deep Purple. Her and that other chick - their nicknames were rat and roach. Hmmm. I wonder what they turned out like.

getting IN is more important, getting out anytime at this point is a huge profit. before collecting took off boards going for 1500 today with no problem were available just 8 years ago for 100 or less.....

oh well! im just trying to fund a motorcycle purchase and replacing my gear.

it should say "stay real, beyotch", cause we all know that Buk talked like that.

He was all about skateboarding, slapping his hoes and most importantly, staying real...

Bill

Shit, you guys make me laugh. And Bill, I think we could turn your post into a rap song, about Bukowski. I'm surprised some asshole hasn't tried that yet, I can almost hear the beat already.

and the guy's insulting potential buyers:

"charles bukowski on your skateboard. dope!"

kids these days. no respect...

...kids...with their baggy jeans, big rims and sideways hats. I tells ya. When I was a kid we had respect. We spoke the queen's English. We wore three-piece suits everywhere and went to the beach in long pants so that no one would see our ankles and be turned on.

</old-man-rant>

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back