• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

3 hours to go... (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I would be a bit surprised if this sold. I remember someone on this list buying one on ebay last year for about $150(They outbid me.....)

Bill

I agreen with Bill. I think that's too many beans for this piece.

Of course, I have a history of being WRONG about these things more often than being RIGHT.

Hi,
It is not really rare. It was printed in 1946, yes, but it also contained other well known writers, so there would have been collectors of peole like Henry Miller and Sartre that would have bought these. Also, they printed 1000 of them, so if even 30% of them survived, that would leave 300 out there. Sompate that to the RARE book byu Bukowski "Genius of the Crowd" with an estimated 44 copies that were NOT destroyed by the Cleveland Police. If even 80% of those are still around, then there are only about 30 copoies of that book.

20 Tanks is the first piece, bibliographically #1, so there is that, but it is really a piece of paper.

Although I have seen values placed on this for much more, I have seen these sell for a couple hundred more than once, and these were for excellent condition pieces.

If I did not already have it, I would pay up to about $300 for it, but I'm a maniac.

When considering rarity/value, it is always best to consider the audience and supply/demand. If there is an item up for bid and two people with deep pockets both want it, the price goes up. If something is listed and no one will pay $600 for it, can it really be worth $600? Probably not. The value is only what people will pay for something.

Bill

Thanks very much for the information, Bill.

I guess I'm naive or romantic. The idea to smell....1946 seems important to me...
(My father was a bookbinder...)

By the way, got the scans, thanks again.

When considering rarity/value, it is always best to consider the audience and supply/demand. If there is an item up for bid and two people with deep pockets both want it, the price goes up. If something is listed and no one will pay $600 for it, can it really be worth $600? Probably not. The value is only what people will pay for something.

My thoughts precisely.
The other factor then is if the seller is also a collector and has a value set in his mind that he considers an absolute minimum.
Of course he has to be able to affordto hold onto it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back