4 Exciting New Releases from Bottle of Smoke Press (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
June and July are going to be busy as hell around here. A lot of releases are hitting at the same time and cannot be delayed, which will cause three or four releases to come out in June and July. As always, supplies are limited, especially in signed hardcover.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these. You can buy them on my website in advance, but am not going to announce these to my email list until the are ready to go. There may not be any hardcovers left at that point....

Claude Pelieu - Kali Yug Express. Fiction (2012), 244pp. Translated from French by Mary Beach. Foreword by Charles Plymell. Author photograph by Gerard Malanga. Limited to an edition of 560 copies, 500 Paperback with Dust Jacket ($15), 50 hardcover copies with letterpress printed cloth over boards and signed by Plymell ($40) and 10 Deluxe copies in clamshell, the Coquelle edition containing both the paperback/signed hardcover as well as a letterpress broadside by Brion Gysin ($175). Note: This is the first English translation of this Cut/Up that was published in French in 1973 and in German last year. About 30 hardcover copies and only 2 copies of the coquelle edition still available.

Richard Krech - Shelf Life. Poetry (2012), 32pp. Cover illustration by Briana Miller. Limited to an edition of 126 copies; 100 sewn in wraps ($5), and 26 lettered copies signed by the author ($30). Lots of paperbacks, but only three hardcovers left...

Jack Hirschman - ELIXEEVITAN (A Memoire of Djuna Barnes), Essay (2012). Cover is letterpress printed in 4 colors. Limited to an edition of 126 copies; 100 sewn in wraps ($5), and 26 lettered copies signed by the author ($30). Note: This essay was written in 1982 upon the death of Djuna Barnes and unpublished until now. Lots of paperback, but only 10 hardcovers left

Charles Plymell - Tent Shaker Vortex Voice (2012) Poetry. 32pp, 5.5 inches x 8.5 inches.
The cover is letterpress printed on Canson Mi-Tenites Paper in 4 colors. Text is letterpress printed on beautiful Hahnemuhle Bugra paper, Limited to an edition of 126; 100 sewn in wraps ($15) & 26 signed hardcover copies ($45). Lots of paperbacks, but only 8 hardcovers left to sell.

Please email me to hold a copy of any of the above or order thru my website at www.bospress.net/order.html

Thanks,
Bill

Here is the official photo of Krech's book. The hardcover is so close to being sold out. I'll likely announce the book o my email list tonight.

The hardcovers have hand rolled wood type which is why the title looks multicolored.

rk2.jpg

Bill, you are on fire. That's a hell of a list for a 2 month period. What, do you have field crews out beating the bushes for rare and lost texts?

Here are the proofs for the hardcover editions. Just printed them today....

This is the signed hardcover edition. The cover is letterpress printed in silver ink on black bookcloth. Signed by Charles Plymell. Limited to an edition of 50 copies, and I have about a dozen left for sale.
kali hardcover.jpg

The "Coquelle Edition" hardcover. The cover is letterpress printed in silver ink on black simulated leather bookcloth. Signed by Charles Plymell. Limited to an edition of 10 copies in clamshell, and I have 2 left for sale.
kali coquelle.jpg

This is the hardcover that will be the contributors copy. The cover is letterpress printed in black ink on silver silk bookcloth. Signed by Charles Plymell. Limited to an edition of 4 copies. None for sale.
kali contributors.jpg

Anyone interested can buy from my site at www.bospress.net or email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill, just ordered copies of the Krech book and one from my old pal Annie Menebroker ... lookin' forward to getting them. Thanks for putting out the good stuff! -- Harry

"Toxic images, prisms prisoners of frost, cement-mixer images, swells like the suns, eye- harvest on the gallows, aurora borealis . . . grass vanishes under the Offset shower, Tabloid Krishna . . . the weather was fine between curtains of silence, happy cosmogony in the prompter's box, the old film was blue, the blue of a generation on a bandstand, and all that cities have seen and heard in broken syringes and old eye-droppers . . . New York, 1964, the demonic screen . . . several films, Batman, Flash Gordon, Silver Surfer, Captain Weird . . . Chinatown, Needle Park, the Bowery . . . Marx ass-fucks the Pope, Dali sucks an old condom that had belonged to Truman . . . and that diligent silent humanity puked into the stable of the American Dream . . . AMPHETAMINE TERROR!!!"

--Claude Pelieu, KALI YUG EXPRESS, page 133

The BOLD emphasis is mine....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Hirschman - ELIXEEVITAN (A Memoire of Djuna Barnes), Essay (2012). Cover is letterpress printed in 4 colors. Limited to an edition of 126 copies; 100 sewn in wraps ($5), and 26 lettered copies signed by the author ($30). Note: This essay was written in 1982 upon the death of Djuna Barnes and unpublished until now. Lots of paperback, but only 10 hardcovers left
CHOROSHO!

An Auto/Biographical Sketch of Jack Hirschman

http://themattgonzalezreader.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/chorosho/

I got round to reading Kali Yug Express. It's not an easy read in so much as, due to its 'cut-up' style there is any overarching narrative. But the constant, in your face bombardment of images being described seems very apt in the age of the internet and 24-hour news (which isn't always 'news' if you catch my drift. Well worth checking out if you fancy something a bit 'out there'. There's at least one brilliant line on every page.
I've also received and read 'Hangover Breakfasts' by Nathan Graziano which is chapbook of short shorts, if you like. I'll definitely try to check out some of his other work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back