A podcast other than THIS IS NOT A TEST (1 Viewer)

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
Maybe admin can move this if i've put it in the wrong spot or if there's already a thread somewhere that i've missed. Anyway... just listened to the 99% Invisible podcast and specifically The Architect of Hollywood episode about one of the first greatest black architects in America. Paul R. Williams. It is not a stretch to assume members here would be interested in a story about early to mid-century LA architecture and this very compelling guy.

I listened to a couple of those...one about reverb was okay. All of the NPR-ish podcasts sound the same to me though. But that's the way entertainment goes. It all follows the leader.

Ok. Well, I'm kind of new to the podcast game. I dig yours & WTF & S-Town. What are some good ones?

Yeah WTF is great. I don't tune in regularly, but whenever I do I enjoy it.

If you're into geek stuff, The Nerdist is good (once again, I don't subscribe or anyhting, but when someone I enjoy shows up in it, I listen).

I listen weekly to The Smartest Man in the World hosted by Greg Proops. I also rather love Welcome to Night Vale.

The Dreaming is also a favorite, but incumbent on you having read (and to be currently reading) Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic.

Yes he did. I like what he had to say and it's worth a listen. There's not a lot to say other than..."what he(Marc) said."

wow - i didn't hear about that until i read the last two posts.

besides that being wrong for so many reasons...who could do that? it's so fucking twisted and weird.

not to mention embarrassing as hell.

I listen to OTHERPPL -- interviews of lots of writers from the small press up. Almost 500 episodes and counting.
Just listened to the Jarret Middleton ep #490 and yesterday the Scott Mclanahan ep #473. They are both very interesting. Listi, the host, is sharp, engaging and a good listener. So, now there's more books I wanna read. Not enough time in the day.

They just interviewed Carmen Maria Machado...
Listened on the way in to work just now. Very cool. I have no idea but I would bet a lot she & her wife live in my neighborhood. It would explain why she looks soooo familiar. But then again she fits the stereotype (in a good way) of many of the residents of West Mt Airy. And I don't know if it's a Philly thing or a city people thing but the way she talks? I hear that voice everywhere.

The interview was good but allow me to clarify. I hit the wrong button on my phone & listened to a portion of the interview again. She says "like" a bit too much for my liking. Being a word woman I find it odd. Like, know what I mean like?

Who knew?

Have to start catering to that South Korean audience...

podcast-listeners.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back