A Quote by Bukowski in a Documentary (1 Viewer)

Not so long ago, I saw a documentary about Buck, in which one segment was when Buck was in a store (a liquor store as I remember). He said something to the clerk, which I think was “a breast man… legs are everything.” Now, what I would like to know is if someone else recognizes this? And if, which one of the documentaries or other films with him could it be?

It's Buk, not Buck. And it's funny you should mention the doc because if I'm not mistaken that has the footage where Buk himself explains the proper pronunciation of Buk. Buk rhymes with puke. It's prob from the Taylor Hackford documentary from 1973, just called Bukowski. Hackford is married to Helen Mirren and is most noted fro the movies An Officer and a Gentleman and Ray. It's about 1:35 min in.

I saw a documentary about Buck, in which one segment was when Buck was in a store (a liquor store as I remember). He said something to the clerk, which I think was “a breast man…
You saw that in a documentary made by someone named Claude Torracinta in May of 1986 (info provided by Charly Buke). You can find (and download and/or read more about) it here.
Check 02:48 of the video for the quote ("You're (a) breast man, huh?").

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back