Help finding a specific quote (1 Viewer)

I've read a handful of Bukowski novels and poems and somewhere along the line read a quote that I'm looking for now, but having the damndest time finding the exact quote. It is probably from a novel, not a poem. My guess is its from Women, Factotum or Post Office, although I can't be sure. I've had no luck searching google or looking at all the different Bukowski quote websites, and can't seem to find it scanning through my copies.

The quote says something about how he feels kissing is much more intimate than fucking, its been so long since I read it that I don't know exactly what was said, or where it came from. But if anyone knows the quote, or could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I think it's going to be from Women. But I can't remember exactly.

I'm also pretty sure that it is in Women, or Post Office, but I can't find it. The quote goes on to say something to the effect of "I'd prefer that another man fuck my woman than kiss her."

I've actually used this in casual conversation on occasion. It's not inaccurate.

The quote says something about how he feels kissing is much more intimate than fucking, its been so long since I read it that I don't know exactly what was said, or where it came from. But if anyone knows the quote, or could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I think Hank solo is right.
It is a commonly held belief by anyone who has true feeling and some spirit when making love. It is one of the things that made it clear to me that Bukowski was not just writing dirty stories, but rather he had true love. It is a good thing about him to bring up. There is a recent thread here about Bukowski and love. Welcome to the forum.

Well, maybe I have finally found some worth here. Women, page 157, Chinaski is boinking some woman named Mercedes:

"Mercedes turned her head toward me. I kissed her. Kissing is more intimate than fucking. That's why I never liked my girlfriends to go around kissing men. I'd rather they fucked them."

YES!!!

That's Mr. Harry Calhoun, at your sevice. I think that was one of the most profound things Bukowski ever wrote. It gives the old saying "Kiss my ass" a major helping of horse power.
Once again jacksinsomnia, welcome to the fun.

"Mercedes turned her head toward me. I kissed her. Kissing is more intimate than fucking. That's why I never liked my girlfriends to go around kissing men. I'd rather they fucked them."
Now you just have to hope it wasn't a line that Martin wrote. ;)

Well, maybe I have finally found some worth here. Women, page 157, Chinaski is boinking some woman named Mercedes:

YES!!!

very well done :cool:
I'm pretty sure that this is NOT the only part inside Women that he says how he loves kissing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back