• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Aline Crumb's brother? (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
What a bullshit description. I don't doubt this guy is Aline's brother, but he's a fucking nut.

I GOT TO MEET BUKOWSKI WHEN I WAS LIVING IN LA ABOUT THE TIME THIS BOOK CAME OUT...I LIVED AROUND THE CORNER FROM BUKOWSKI IN THE SILVER LAKE DISTRICT AND WE COULD WALK TO EACH OTHERS HOUSE...I LEARED A GREAT DEAL FROM BUKOWSKI...

Wow, I guess he had a time machine, since Bukowski hadn't lived in Silverlake for more than a decade when these came out.

But this is the best part:

QUALITY HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHED--IN MY OPINION THE BEST OF ALL THE ONE'S PUBLISHED

Y'okay.

Look at the Crumb signatures though. They seem to be becoming more elaborate, which makes that questionable one listed recently even more questionable.

R crumb's son Jesse is involved in operating the family website - selling merchandise along the lines of that item - you might be able to contact him through the site and ask if it's him or not. I've read alot about R Crumb and family and this Bukowski/Jesse Crumb connection is news to me...

forgot the link - http://www.crumbproducts.com/contact.html

Oh I have no doubt that they are legit. It is just a very colorful Buk story that is probably BS. The signatures are almost certainly good.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back