An Evil Town (1994) (1 Viewer)

Never heard of it. First prize for short film in NYC and Cannes is nothing to sneeze at though...

Great short story...from 'Tales of Ordinary madness'

'Sir, I have a piece of your brain....'

Comic, macabre and sick...o dark belly of society, how you belch!

THIS is THE short story of Buk for me. I constantly go back to it. So sick and strange and hilarious. Casually cutting the guys cock off, flushing it down the toilet, and going right back to writing to his mother is glorious.

Never heard of this being made into a short. A great watch.

Thanks for putting that up, Hank Solo. One of those things I'd heard about, forgot about, and nowresurrected in full trobbing madness. I really admire the way the director used pacing. There's a lot of space in Buk's stories, he provides the way, you load the meaning, and I get a sense of that with the director's use of music and pace, lighting, the sets.. Some of the fastest 20 minutes on screen I've seen a in a while. The clerk at the hotel, ol' stumpy, he looks familiar. Anybody place him in other films?

The hotel clerk is played by Nathaniel Roberts.

I think he looks a bit like Peter Greene, the guy who played 'Zed' in Pulp Fiction.
An Evil Town​
Cast​
Frank - Keith Phillips​
Clerk - Nathaniel Roberts​
Theater pervert - Greg Lucci​
Man in booth - Mike Kuchar​
Bathroom pervert - Tommy Turan​
#1 Theater pervert - Joe Aquino​
#2 Theater pervert - Brian Vogle​
#3 Theater pervert - Kim Larson​
Blanche - Laurel DeFoggi​
Handsome Man - John Johnson​

The hotel clerk is played by Nathaniel Roberts.
I think he looks a bit like Peter Greene, the guy who played 'Zed' in Pulp Fiction.
Yeah, at first I thought it might have been him, butthen you get a clearer light...​
Thanks for providing the cast names. Really well acted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back