Anti-work: Bukowski & other artists (1 Viewer)

When I read Pivano's Charles Bukowski: Laughing With The Gods, I was struck by the similarity between B and the great Von Dutch (Kenneth Howard). VD talked about "the struggle" and how he liked to keep his life to the bare minimum. Bukowski lived in tiny cheap rooms to avoid jobs... In case you don't know VD, (1) he built a truck with a special pipe near the steering wheel through which he could eject empty beer cans onto the road/highway. (2) he also lived in a city bus that he converted into living quarters and a workshop so he could build his custom knives etc.

image.jpg

...Pivano's Charles Bukowski: Laughing With The Gods...
The only book I've ever heard of documenting an interview conducted in English, published in Italian, and then re-translated back to English for the U.S. market. Other than the bible, of course, or something like that.

...he built a truck with a special pipe near the steering wheel through which he could eject empty beer cans onto the road/highway...
How wonderfully Romantic and idiotic all at the same time.

I prefer the knifes that Bukowski built in his early period to any of my VD-knifes. They show so much more love for details, it's remarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back