Antichrist (1 Viewer)

chronic

old and in the way
Just watched this and am at a loss for words. I think I'm going to have to let it simmer for a day or two before I can form an opinion.

Both disturbing and truly disturbed.

Recommended(?)

I haven't seen it, but apparently advertising works on me because now I really want to. I've got to be honest that sounds like a daddy-daughter night with overflowing ashtrays about the room. (My dad and I love flicks like that). It sounds... awesome.

I have'nt seen it yet, but it just got a Nordic award a couple of days ago. Von Trier was in the TV news saying he never expected to get a Nordic award for that particular movie. He was smiling and looked pretty stunned. :D
He also said the movie had been attacked by feminists for the way the woman in the movie was portrayed, and that the woman in the movie wasn't meant to symbolize the female sex as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have read several reviews about Von Trier and this film and of course thought of Buk connections. I had not heard of him before and am looking forward to seeing it, although I too have been worried it might be just over-the-top bad instead of under-the-top (?) brilliant...

There was a thread already ;) :

[EDIT: Thanks Ambreen; threads now merged, so link removed.]

I wanted to watch it but I read a review written by someone who hated it and who happened to reveal what kind of physical tortures Charlotte Gainsbourg inflincted to her husband, which disgusted me enough to renounce to the film (she's my favourite actress, I didn't want to see her doing all these things !).

Have read several reviews about Von Trier and this film and of course thought of Buk connections.
Which connections ?

this movie is nothing special.. the only cool part is that fox with a low-pitched voice whispering "chaos reigns"

if you don't know what i'm talking about check this video

[This video is unavailable.]

creepy huh?

[...] (she's my favourite actress, I didn't want to see her doing all these things !)

she is far from being my "favorite actor", but I like her and I too prefer, remembering her in movies like this:

oo4nm.jpg

she is far from being my "favorite actor", but I like her and I too prefer, remembering her in movies like this:
Oh L'Effrontée ! I watched it a lot of times as a teen with my little sister who was about Lulu's age, we both adored it. She also played in La petite voleuse, from the same director, which I found in the same vibe as L'effrontée. You might like it. ;)

Just watched it. Strange film.

Can't make up my mind if it's some brilliant cinematic symbol language or whatever on the human mind and it's dealing with pain, or simply off the mark.

Beautiful sequences, tho. The beginning is stunning.

The torture-scenes may be heavy. Two women left the cinema, when they started. But I guess every 13 year old who has the complete Hostel and Saw- series and all that on his PC wouldn't get too excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back