Are there any Buk books out of print? (1 Viewer)

Just wondering, since "Pleasures..." is the last posthumous volume. A good way to keep Bukowski in the market would be to re-release material that is, or has not been, readily available for some time.

If you're talking strictly about poetry, there is another "new" collection of old poems coming out from Ecco this year.

Hmmm; I thought I was staying up on these things better. I know that City Lights plans another volume of mostly prose, probably in 2010, but I didn't realize that ecco had another in the pipeline.

Good news though!

As for zenguru's point, and I know that mjp has mentioned this before; but it's interesting that At Terror Street... has never been reprinted. I think that a companion volume to Burning in Water would be a great idea; include all the poems from It Catches, Crucifix and At Terror Street... that didn't get selected for Burning... Of course, if you own these older volumes, it's nice to have poems that aren't readily available elsewhere.

I do not know when Ecco plans to publish the new poetry collection. I know it is going to be mainly - if not exclusively - older work. Things like I saw a tramp last night. Stuff from old magazines that Martin didn't have available to choose from back in the day, or older magazines that Bukowski didn't have a copy of, or overlooked.

It is expected to be rather thin - think Days Run Away or Play the Piano size. It won't be 400 pages like the later collections. At least that was the plan. Who knows, maybe they will pad it out with a bunch of reprinted filler before they publish it, to justify the $30 they'll no doubt charge. ;)

Hopefully, that "new" volume won't be too thin. I've been spoiled by all these thick Bukowski books. And let us know when you hear of it coming out, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back