• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Art, hardcover first (1 Viewer)

Yes, we are all idiots. Thank God almighty we have Andrew to show us the light. THANK YOU VICARIOUS! Thank you for schooling us.

He may be saving that for his $2500! edition of Art....
Did you see that one on ABE?,
It's Andrew's too.:mad:

For the thousand bucks more you get the author's or publishers's copy
(only those 2 issued in a marbled paper covered slipcase, rather than the unprinted glassine dustjacket that the remainders got).

Well, power ball is up to 60 million tormorrow night I think....
You'll all know if I win because Andrew will have no Buk left to sell/ school-us-about
:)

For the thousand bucks more you get the author's or publishers's copy
(only those 2 issued in a marbled paper covered slipcase, rather than the unprinted glassine dustjacket that the remainders got).

I wondered about that slip case. Never bothered to look it up in AK, but noticed the marbled slip case in the movie Born Into This. Sure looks nice. But I'd be more inclined to master the art of caligraphy and produce my own edition at these prices :D

Exactly. It's a case of form overshadowing content, something the Loujon press books have been accused of (and I wouldn't disagree).

If it's a book, make a book, if it's a piece of art, make a piece of art. I never understood the book as the art.

But then I ain't gots much skool learnin' to brag on!

It's funny the caligraphy work isn't even well done (check out the 'ramping' (word I created for a book!) on the letters of BLACK SPARROW PRESS. $1500 is a HEAVY price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back