Audio Books (1 Viewer)

I don't know if this was posted before or not. Audio books of Ham on Rye, Factotum, Post Office, and Woman are available on YouTube. I think I also noticed Hot Water Music as well.

Here's Ham on Rye. Haven't had a chance to listen but here we go...

[This video is unavailable.]

Woops. This should be with the audio/video thread prob...

Yikes. Well, if you ever wanted to hear Ham on Rye read in a southern accent with no pauses between the sentences, that's great.

Hard to believe HarperCollins doesn't issue takedowns for those. Especially considering the wall-to-wall ads.

So, who would you like to hear doing the audio book? I suggest Harry Dean Stanton or Bruce Dern or Bill Murray or hey, mjp!

I was thinking Geneviève Bujold or Marissa Tomei. Maybe Roseanne Barr. Hmm, then again, maybe not. Oh, wait - Sandra Bernhard! There you go. Who wants to listen to a man talk for ten hours anyway?

But I don't listen to audio books, so it's probably best to let people who do listen to them decide. Seems like HarperCollins already made the decision anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

A guy who works on theatre says something like that?

He honestly sounds more like some of the bitchy queens I know who make fun of "lesser" gay people for sport.

So, who would you like to hear doing the audio book? I suggest Harry Dean Stanton or Bruce Dern or Bill Murray or hey, mjp!

I think a very stoned Leon Cole sitting in a leather chair with some cognac could do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Danny Valdez is reading this, I beg you right now to record a home version of Burning In Water in its entirety and upload to YouTube.
Only you, The Beast, as the heir to Bukowski's mantle and our greatest living "poemstory" writer, has the chops to capture each and every nuance of Hank's words and truly make them live.
You have wifi access in your trailer, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back