Axl Rose joins AC/DC (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced (see below for full itinerary). Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose. -

http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278

Pretty ridiculous.

Hopefully he will wear the right outfit on stage....

Axl Bukowski.jpg

I do like the live versions of GnR doing "Whole Lotta Rosie" I've heard. That being said AC/DC should hang it up.

Very sad about Briam Johnson's departure, but it seems a little more controversial than being "medically retired" perhaps. He was a worthy replacement for Bon Scott. Malcolm and Angus's nephew; Stevie Young is replacing Malcolm on the tour, as he has done before, but yes, maybe this should be the final tour.

He was a worthy replacement for Bon Scott.

That's an endless debate :D

The lyrics sucked forever after Bon Scott went. Yet Brian Johnsons voice was somehow more typical for AC/DC imho.

It's hard to imagine Axl (the Axl of today, or maybe the Axl of anytime too) fronting AC/DC. But who knows, maybe it is going to be the shit. Or maybe not. But then, if an institution like AC/DC needs a new singer in 2016 who you gonna call? Mick Jagger?

At least it's not Bono.

Well, every day someone is figuring that out, aren't they.
Agreed-the point is (to me) if you like what you're doing why stop and certainly don't stop just because someone anyone thinks you should.
I saw Axl at a roller rink in Kitchener Ont. opening for the Cult. He may be a dick but he has paid his dues in my book and if he wants to sing with ACDC good for him. If he or any musician at any age can provide moments that matter to themselves while people pay to listen and if those moments matter to those listening too then not only why not, but fuck yeah, thats a life well lived.

I saw that same tour. 1987. The Cult were bloated and entitled, Guns and Roses were lean and mean and hungry.

I still have the T-shirt.

That's an endless debate :D
The lyrics sucked forever after Bon Scott went. Yet Brian Johnsons voice was somehow more typical for AC/DC imho.
It's hard to imagine Axl (the Axl of today, or maybe the Axl of anytime too) fronting AC/DC. But who knows, maybe it is going to be the shit. Or maybe not. But then, if an institution like AC/DC needs a new singer in 2016 who you gonna call? Mick Jagger?
At least it's not Bono.
The plot thickens Johannes:)
Did you read Roger Daltrey view, a bit harsh really and cheeky saying what did you expect from Australians! ( nevermind most of original AC DC was scotttish - they moved to there as kids).
Anyhooo not long now. I see fans have been offered refunds, I don't know, it seems the band are caught in the damned if they do or don't thing. Fans are now being offered refunds.
I l hope that it goes well for everyone's sake and allso that it is the last tour too.:emo::agb::eek::D

Pretty ridiculous.

I was wrong, there are several videos on You Tube now from the first gig in Lisbon and it works. He has some "Bon" vibes in this voice.

And the setlist is the best since decades. Three gems from "Powerage". Wow !

Rock or Bust
Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Back in Black
Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
Thunderstruck
High Voltage
Rock 'N' Roll Train
Hells Bells
Given The Dog A Bone