Back issues of magazines with Bukowski publications available (1 Viewer)

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, I had some publications in a magazine called Chiron Review, out of St. Johns, Kansas. Recently, the mag started up again after a hiatus of several years, and I'm happy to say that recently my wife Trina got word that editor Michael Hathaway had accepted one of her short stories. He also took two of my newer poems.

But ... as the title indicates, I'm not just here to brag. Bukowski was published in several issues of Chiron Review, also in the late 80s and early 90s. And the back issues (#s 16, 30, 32, 35, 37/38 and 41) are now available at only $6.35 a pop -- check, money order or PayPal at [email protected].

Web site: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Nook/1748/chiron1.htm

Address: Chiron Review, Michael Hathaway, Editor, 522 E. South Ave.,
St. John, KS 67576-2212

In an e-mail to me earlier today, Hathaway says: "I have 4 copies of Issue 16 left; 1 copy of Issue 30; 5 copies of Issue 32; 6 copies of Issue 35 and 5 copies of double-issue 37/38. I forgot to check how many of 41 would be left, but I think there are a couple."

You can check the mag's Web site, but I'm pretty sure that Issue 16 is the one with a two-page Bukowski spread. Hope that some of you can captitalize on this opportunity to get some relatively obscure Buk publications relatively cheap!

Oh, and in case Michael sells out an issue before you can order, he offers the choice of an alternate back issue or a refund of your money.

Enjoy!

Great! I asked the editor whether he had more of the Bukowski issues in stock because I wanted to do something cool for the good people on this site. When I found out he had some left ... and at that price ... I just had to share it with bukowski.net. Glad you're taking advantage of this, James.

beautiful. thanks!
I don't think I'll buy, since there seem to be too few left to catch them PLUS the cost of shipping would eat me. But Thanks anyway! - i like the attitude!

Roni,

those issues are kind of thin. Michael shipped them to me folded via USPS First Class and it was pretty cheap.

Hard to believe that this thread died with so little interest. I'm assuming that it's like a Green Acres episode where everybody but Eddie Albert knows about something and he's clueless. Only in this case everybody but me already knew about the Chiron Review issues.

Oh well. If ya can't feel stupid once in a while, you're probably not trying hard enough.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back